Chapter Fourteen

Jared~

I walked into the my house. And I immediately heard some ungodly noises, and decided that I should stay out tonight. My guess is that it's a different guy, but I'm not sure. I don't really want to deal with my mother tonight, or at all for that matter. I walked back out the door and took out my phone so I could call Matt. He had to still be having that party going on or something.

The phone rang, and rang, and then Matt finally answered, "Bro! Where are you? You left me with a mess. My mom's going to be home in like ten minutes and this place is nasty."

I laughed and hung up the phone. I'm not going to go help someone clean up. Hell no.

I really don't have anyone else to talk to, or anywhere to go. Maybe I should call Diana. It hasn't been that late since I dropped her off. Maybe like ten or fifteen minutes. Hopefully this doesn't come across to her as too weird. 

"Jared?"

"Hey, Diana."

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Do you want to go to the park?"

"Is that supposed to be some secret code for something?"

"No. I just need to get out of the house and you're the only one that I'm not pissed off at or want to avoid."

"Oh.  Um.. okay."

"Are you sure? I don't want to interrupt anything you have going on."

"Yeah sure I guess, if that's what you want."

"Yeah."

"Okay."

"Which one is your window?"

"Jared, you can just knock on the door."

"Is your dad okay with that? Us going out so late?"

"Yeah, he trusts me."

"Oh okay."

"Yeah."

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes then."

"Okay."

"Should I knock or...?"

"Just text me."

"Okay."

"Bye Jared.."

"Bye."

God, that was an awkward phone call. She probably thinks I'm needy. That's the last thing I want her to think. I just really had to get out of that house. That house is a hell hole I swear to God.

I got into the car and started driving towards Diana's house. Some stupid shit started playing on the radio and I don't understand how this is considered to be the most popular music. It is complete garbage and no one should listen to it.

I couldn't quite remember where Diana's house was, so I decided to text her,

Where's your house?

You forgot all ready?

Yeah, sorry.

I'll just come outside.

Okay

Okay

I drove a little more, and then I saw a door open. Low and behold, it was Diana emerging from her house. I quickly stopped and waited for her to realize that my car was there. She immediately noticed me and began walking to my car.

Once she reached it, she opened the door and climbed in the car, "So why are we going out this late?"

"I can't be home."