Chapter Seventeen

Diana~

 When I sat back down on my bed after Jared dropped me off, I realized I was still wearing his jacket. If we didn't have plans for Monday, it would be and excellent excuse to see him again. I take it off and hold it in front of my face, to admire it. Then, I bring it straight to my nose; the smell of apples lingers all around me. Now, how in the world could this guy be able to smell like apples?

*

"Okay, try this one on. That will look amazing," Sierra boasts as she adds yet another article of clothing to our pile. I can barely hold up my hands but I pull through because I'm trying to be a good friend. So, I put on a smile and go to the dressing room to try everything on. 

I can't really say that I hate my body, because I don't, but trying clothes on in a store does not really help with confidence boosting. My stomach is sort of flat, but not entirely. Also, my legs are a little thick, so pants and things do not look entirely flattering. I know that every girl should feel beautiful in her own skin and be proud of what they look like, but it's so hard to think like that.  But, I do try. 

One shirt, one skirt, one dress after the other and I think I may faint from exhaustion. I think I do have some good things to take home with me, but everything is so overwhelming it's hard to remember what I liked or didn't like. 

I gather a pile of what I think I wanted to buy and headed to the cash register. Forever 21 has really cheap prices, so the total isn't to much. I pay and Sierra pays for the things she bought. Then, we take our massive bags and head to the food court. Both of us buy our favorite Subway sandwiches: turkey, lettuce, tomato, American cheese, and mayonnaise on wheat bread.

"So how's it going with you and Jared?" she takes a bite into her sandwich. "I saw you leaving with him after the party the other night and I didn't know what to think."

I blush, not sure where to start. She notices and her curiosity increases. "What happened?! If you don't give me information you know what kind of things I will start thinking. Please say it, say something!"

"All right, all right," I give in and her face lights up with excitement. "So, we went out to eat and we talked. Gosh, it was amazing. I've shared things with him that I've only ever shared with you. He was so open and inviting and revealing and I couldn't get enough of it." She is now grinning from ear to ear and is "jumping" in her seat. I continue, "So we talked and then he took me home. Then, like ten minutes later, he called and asked if he wanted to hang out again. I guess something at his house went wrong and he needed to get away. We went to the park, the one a couple blocks down from my house, and we talked some more and then..."

"WHAT?!?! What happened? I need to know, don't just finish right there!" She was yelling at me and people were starting to stare. 

"So, basically he kissed me, or I kissed him... Well I don't really know what happened but all I know is that it was incredible and just, oh my gosh I can't describe to you how it was. So, yeah. Also, we are meeting up tomorrow night for a movie and then he's coming over to my house for dinner with my dad and his... Oh shit, I didn't tell you yet!"

"Tell me what?!" Sierra is crazy, waiting impatiently for the news to spill out.

"My dad is gay. I don't really want to get into this whole thing where I explain everything, but I found out a couple nights ago. I needed someone to help me face this, and I know you have some sort of tournament so you couldn't come." 

"Wow, that's a lot to hear in one sitting. I thinks that's the most you've ever talked at one time. And yea, it's going to be a huge game. But I'm so happy for you Diana! Like you are with one of the cutest guys at our school. It's great that you have a guy like that. If you didn't get a boyfriend soon, I would be scared about your well being and mental sanity." She laughs.