Chapter Twenty

Jared ~

I woke up with Diana wrapped around my body, she was sleeping so peacefully. I didn't want to remember what had happened yesterday to her, it was all too horrible to relive. I decided to just hold her and run my fingers through her hair until woke up.

When I ran my fingers through her hair, her eyes fluttered a bit, and I kissed her forehead. "Jared." I heard her whisper.

"Yeah?" I responded, now rubbing her back.

"Do you have more?" She asked, with her eyes still closed.

"More of what?" I was beginning to feel more skeptical about Diana, something seemed to have...changed her.

"Drugs. Pills. Anything. Make it go away. The pain is driving me insane." She shifted her weight, leaning on to me a lot more.

"Just go back to sleep for now. You need sleep." I kissed her forehead and wrapped my arm around her waist, making sure she wouldn't try to get up.

Her body relaxed, and she fell back asleep. I don't really want to give Diana any drugs or anything. I don't want to ruin her purity in any way, but what am I supposed to do if she asked for it? I had to give it to her, even if I wasn't entirely comfortable with it. I can't make decisions like that for her. I trust she will do what is right.

Maybe I would get lucky, and she wouldn't ask for them again, I don't want to be responsible if anything happens to her, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Diana isn't the type of girl that just decides to throw her life away in a second, she has potential. I didn't want to be the one that ripped life out of her fingers. I didn't want to effect her either, she deserved the good in the world.

*

Diana and I had been laying in her bed for a while now, and we were both just staring at the ceiling, but we were holding each others hands. It felt safe. I knew that she felt safe too, here with me. But I could tell that she was still scared about what happened last night. She was... distant. I could tell that she was scared that maybe it was going to happen again, but this time no one would be there to save her, but as long as we were... whatever we were, I would be there for her, I would be the one to protect her, and I wouldn't let anyone lay a finger on her.

"Jared." Her voice was raspy, as if the wind had been knocked out of her, it was understandable in her current situation.

"Diana." I whispered back, mimicking her.

"I'm scared." She brought her fingers to mouth, looking as if she wanted to make them stop trembling.

"I know. It's okay to be scared. But I'm here, you're safe now." I said, trying to pull her to me.

She laid her head on my chest, "Thanks, Jared. I wouldn't know what I'd do without you."

I ran my fingers through her hair, "You wanna do anything today?"

"You have anything?" She looked up at me with her pretty green eyes, batting her eyelashes.

Fuck.

I couldn't lie to her when she did that. I did have something.. but I didn't want her to do any drugs or anything. I didn't want her to change because I was influencing her. I reluctantly gave in and slipped a couple OxyContin into her shaking hands. She smiled, but I felt my heart sink.

After a while, she started crying, and I sat up, pulling her to my chest, "Shhh... Shhhh.. What's wrong?"

"Why me, Jared? Why did it have to be me? What have I ever done?" She cried into my shirt.

I rubbed her back, "I don't know. I don't know."

Just right then, Diana's dad knocked on the door, and Diana freaked out. "Jared! Hide in the closet or something!"

"No! We didn't do anything wrong!" I said, and the door knob jiggled, and wiggled, and he finally found his way in.

"Diana, you've been in here all day long, I wanted you to do some grocer-- Who do we have here?"

"Dad, he's my friend, you met him the other night, remember? I really need to tell you something. Actually, it's really important, like it's a health issue--"

"Did this 'friend' of yours spend the night? What exactly where you two doing up here?" He said, glaring at me. I felt as if I was going to die on the spot.

"Dad, let me explain," He crossed his arms, and began listening to his daughter, "Some guy tried to rape me yesterday."

He uncrossed his arms, "WHAT! WHO! WHAT THE HELL!"

"Dad. It's okay, Jared," She said, pointing towards me, "He helped me. He came and saved me, and we filed a police report already. Everything is fine, I just didn't want to be alone last night, and that's why he spent the night."

He sighed, putting his head in hands, then looked up, towards me, "Thank you...uh.. Jared is it? I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to my girl."

I stood up, and shook his hand, "It was nothing really, I care about your daughter a lot. I wouldn't let her get hurt. I was meeting up with her, and then I heard her screaming, and I came in. I think I was just on time."

"I'll go make some sandwhiches, it sounds like you two had a rough night last night. We can go grocery shopping tommorow or something. Lunch should be ready in like fifteen minutes."

Diana and I both smiled as he closed the door, "Okay! Thanks!"

She turned around, and sat down on the floor, "I'm surprised he didn't act worse than he did."

I scooted off the bed, and sat next to her, "Hey, it's all right if he's mad, I'm surprised you're taking this so well. It must have been so scary to be in that situation." Her eyebrows furrowed, and it looked like she was about to cry, and I just wanted to kiss away all the tears and pain off of her face. She was gorgeous and beautiful, and she didn't even see it.

"I just don't think it has sunk in yet. Ya know? Like, I'm just scared. What if something like that happens to me again?"She cried into her hands, bringing her knees up to her chest.

"You didn't deserve any of this, honestly Diana. You don't deserve to even be put in this horrible situation. You are truly one of the most beautiful girls in the world, and I'm so sorry for everything. I should have been there sooner." I said to her, trying to get her to stop crying.

"It's not your fault. Just thank you for being there at the right time. It could have gotten much worse." She said, looking up at me.

I smiled at her, and kissed her nose, "I'll always be there for you."