Chapter Seven [Percy] - Where Am I

I woke up in a room.

Isn't that what everyone says, Percy? I woke up in a strange place, I woke up in a room, blah, blah, blah.

Haha, very funny. But this wasn't a normal room. It was like... the fanciest room I have ever seen in my life. Sure, I haven't been in many fancy buildings in my life - except for field trips - since me and my mom have never lived in anything larger than an apartment, but... This was nice.

And big. I'd say the room itself was seven times larger than my cabin space. I was in a king-size bed, blankets of the finest silk. Curtains shaded a huge window on my right, taking up the entire wall. I grimaced. It was too dark in here. I got up out of bed, hoping to bring some light into the room, but my hand moved instinctively and the curtains spread out by themselves.

That... couldn't be possible. I couldn't have done that.

I didn't have telekinesis - I was a demigod, not a mutant.

Just then the door of the room opened and in strode a handsome-looking fellow who looked about my age. His hair was almost as messy as mine was on a day-to-day basis, but he made up for it with the grace in which he moved. Like a dancer, I suppose. Like a dangerous ballerina.

His eyes were as black as his pupils, but looking closely I could still make out the difference between the two. His eyebrows were drawn together in a frown and his head slightly tilted. Assessing me. Seeing what I was up to. His gaze shot to the curtains and the fact that the blankets were still halfway over me. His lips twitched slightly.

"Hello, Perseus Jackson," he said evenly, clasping his hands behind his back. "Welcome to - "

"What is this place?!" I asked loudly, trying to interrupt him to get my answers quickly. I had to get back to Camp Half-Blood. I lowered my voice slightly, realizing that there might be others inside the building, ready to help this strange young man if needed. "I need to get back home. I don't care if you use magic on me to get there, or that flying dinosaur thingy, but I need to get back. Alright? I need to go home."

The young man's eyes drew together even tighter, but not assessing. Confused. "You want to go back there after what they've done to you?"

I scoffed. "What they've done to me? What do you mean? They haven't done anything to me. But you have. You kidnapped me - which is both child kidnapping, child abuse, and basic kidnapping. That's illegal, buddy." I reached into my pocket and found my phone - something Chiron had never known about but Annabeth insisted I had so that I could get in touch with her anywhere - whether I was in danger or just in need of company.

"You see this?" I asked, getting up and shaking my phone in his face. I must have been feeling pretty brave at the moment, because he honestly scared me a little bit. He reminded me of Hades with his calm demeanor, but I could see the fire behind his eyes. "This is called a phone. It's a device of the greatest sorcery that calls what humans call "police." Don't know if you've ever heard of it, and I don't really care right now. But I will call them here if you don't get me home."

All of a sudden my phone crumpled in my hands, the sparks of the battery flaring slightly. It kept crumpling until there was literally nothing in my hand. Just... gone. My mouth dropped open. "How... "

"You don't know who I am, Percy?" The young man asked softly, looking the slightest bit disappointed. "I thought we could've been friends."

But I did know who he was. That feeling that I had felt in Tartarus came back. When I had seen his face... that sense of familiarity I had felt had caused me to drop my sword for the first time in my life. I now realized it was that same warmth that I always felt towards Chaos, as if my feelings had thoughts of their own.