Chapter Six [Nico] - Fools, Complete Fools

I didn't really know what I was more surprised by;

A) The fact that Percy had just defeated the Minotaur and hadn't even touched him.
B) That Percy hadn't seemed the slightest bit disturbed by the fact that he had done so.
C) I wasn't even disturbed by it. Maybe we both had a bit more common than we thought.
D) The fact that a thing from the Jurassic period had come and kidnapped him.
E) No one was doing anything about it. They were all just staring. FOOLS!

    "What are they waiting for?" I muttered to Will. "Standing around and staring isn't going to get him back. And we have to get him back, right?"

    Will nodded slowly. "Yeah. I think we're all just realizing that that actually happened, though. They're all going through a minor state of shock since it was - "

"Will! This isn't the time to talk about medical situations!"

"Indeed," Chiron said, the first of the "in shock" beings to speak. "We cannot allow Chaos to keep Percy. The longer he has him... the worse our situation grows. And the stronger Percy gets."

I frowned. "What do you mean the stronger he gets? That should be a good thing though, right? That means he's getting a hold of his powers and he'll be a bigger help. You make that sound as if it's a bad thing."

"The coat is wearing off," Annabeth murmured, coming up to us, still clutching her dagger that she had picked up in Tartarus. I shivered just looking at it. Will subtly reached for my hand and squeezed it. It was warm. I didn't take my hand back.

That dagger brought back horrible memories of my time in there, as I had already confided to Will. At least Annabeth had had Percy in there, who was probably the strongest and bravest demigod I knew. And he was her boyfriend. I had had no one with me - just me and the darkness. Even Percy had had Annabeth.

But then again, Percy had faced his own demons in there. Much as I had.

"The coat?" Will asked, frowning. "I've never seen Percy wear a coat before."

"Not that coat, you mental idiot," I told him patiently, using one of the endearing nicknames he had given me. "A magical coat. One placed on him by the Olympians." I had only guessed, but looking at Chiron's expression carefully, I saw that I was right. Annabeth's stony expression revealed nothing. "You know something," I told them. "You need to tell us. We all have a right to know."

Annabeth exchanged a troubled look with Chiron. They seemed to be having a silent conversation. I swore to myself that I wouldn't take anything along the lines of "no" for an answer. But knowing Annabeth, she would do anything to get Percy back from Chaos. If we all knew what was happening, a plan would form quicker. I looked at her and she seemed to come to that same conclusion. She gave me a tight nod.

"A head counselors' meeting," Chiron said. "You had better come as quickly as you can. We don't have much time. And Chaos could be getting closer and closer to his goal with every minute we lose."

It took a while to get all the campers away from the attic. All wanted to know. I understood that feeling, needing knowledge but others holding it back from you only because they thought it for your own good. I told myself that I would make sure they all knew what Annabeth, Chiron, and what seemed like the Olympians all knew. But for now, this would have to do.

The other campers were set to work cleaning up the camp, rebuilding and upgrading their defenses just in case of a surprise attack. The head counselors now all sat in the attic, ready to listen intently to whatever was going to be said. It was time for some answers.

Will got in second to last, since he was stubborn enough to insist he see to every injured demigod that had not already been seen to. McLean wouldn't be attending the meeting, but Annabeth told us that she would catch Piper up on all she needed to know when she got the chance. McLean would be sending a message to Camp Jupiter, warning them of an impending attack and informing them of what had transpired here at Camp Half-Blood.