Twenty Seven

"And you must be Luke Hemmings, my mom said, shaking his hand. "My daughters have told me a lot about you."

"It's very nice to meet you, Mrs. Santiago." He said as we all sat down.

We all say quietly, looking at our menus when Luke tapped my shoulder.

"Skylar, look," he pointed at a picture. "They have breakfast pizza."

I giggled at his silly action, "it's not breakfast time."

We looked over to my mom and Hannah, who were staring at us.

"But, of course, anytime is," Luke got quieter, "breakfast time." He looked down at his menu, turning it to the lunch menu.

Hannah started a discussion with mom, telling her a little bit about how work is and her dating life. Luke and I were quiet, holding hands under the table.

Our drinks came shortly after we ordered them, and now we just had to wait for our food.

"So, Luke, are you and my daughter dating?" My mom said, looking over to him.

"Well, we haven't really discussed that." He said, holding my hand under the table.

"And why not?" She asked further.

"We haven't really thought about it, I suppose." He swallowed. I squeezed his hand and he squeezed back.

"Is there anything you're planning for your future?"

"I love music." He said politely. I remembered seeing a couple guitars in his room and a piano in his living room, but I've never heard him play.

"Music?" My mom said, seemingly unimpressed. "What kind of instruments?"

"I play guitar, a little piano, and I sing." His eyes lit up as he discussed music. I would've never known he was so passionate about it.

"Now Luke," my mom set down her drink. "Do you really think you could make a career in music? Surely you have some other idea on how you'll sustain yourself."

Luke swallowed again. "Well, I-"

"I would've been much more impressed if you were to say a lawyer or maybe even an engineer. Music is a hard business, but at least with law or STEM you're guaranteed some kind of success."

"Mother," I said. She stopped, looking over to me. "You don't need to be rude."

"I'm just stating facts, dear." She said in the same serious tone.

"Do you ever think about people's feelings, mom?" I said, letting go of Luke's hand.

"Skylar, please." Luke said, putting a hand on my arm.

"I just want to make sure you're with a good boy, Skylar."

"Luke IS a good boy! Luke is the best guy I've been with! But you wouldn't know that because you aren't home!"

"Don't change the subject." She said angrily.

"Skylar," Hannah warned.

"I don't want to sit here and listen to you bag on Luke. You aren't a prosecutor here, mother, so please stop questioning everything he says." I said with a huff.

Everyone at the table was quiet.

"Alright, who ordered the spaghetti?" The waitress asked, holding the tray with our food.

((A/N I got so bored at theatre that I wrote the rest of this story in my iPod notes. Now all I have to do is copy and paste them until its all done :o

I HAVE 4k READS ON THIS STORY H O W LITERALLY ON A SCALE OF ONE TO EVEN I CANT

this story started out kinda crappy in the beginning but towards the end I feel like it got better... idk...

I love you all so much <3 thank you for any nice tweets, comments, messages you send because it really means a lot.

Oh I have to go to the doctor for depression on Friday too...))