42~ You Think He's a What?

"So, what's his name?" Sebastian asked. We were chatting via Skype, he was at the Lima Bean.

"Plastic Barbie Ken Doll." I replied.

"His real name." he said with a chuckle.

"Brody unknown last name." I said.

"Why is he Plastic Ken Doll?" he asked.

"Because he's hairless. Seriously, I think he waxes or something. He looks like he's made of plastic." I replied.

"Right, so what's his deal?" he asked.

"Depends, you want joints or injections?" I said.

"Excuse me?"

"He's a drug dealer." 

"You know this?" he asked.

"...Well...uh...no. I'm just guessing." I replied.

"What makes you think he's a druggie?" he asked.

"Wads of cash, a pager, he's not home very often. My somewhat hard proof." I replied. Sebastian nodded and sipped his coffee. 

"I know that face. What're you thinking?" I asked.

"Is he attractive?" 

"Really Sebastian? Really?" I asked.

"No! No, not like that. Just tell me. Is he handsome or not?" he said.

"Sure, if you're into hairless men with polished french nails." I replied. He nodded in thought.

"What if he's an escort?" he asked.

"...A what?" I had never heard of that term before.

"You know, an escort. It's a fancy term for prostitute." he replied. 

"Oh...oh no. No friggin' way. You-you think my best friend's boyfriend is a hooker?" I asked.

"Maybe, I don't know. From what I know, they help you keep your appearances up in front of others, but at the end of the day, they're always down to f-"

"Okay! You're in a cafe, with people...who may be listening to this conversation." I said. Then a waitress came along and placed a biscotti in front of him. He thanked her discreetly.

"So, ever had one?" I asked.

"Biscotti?" 

"No! I mean...an escort" I whispered the last part. Sebastian became sketchy.

"...No...no." he said.

"Uh uh, you hesitated. You're lying." I replied.

"Geez. Are you seriously going to make me tell you?" he asked.

"Yes. Begin. Start with 'Once upon a time'." I replied.

"Well...it was an accident." he started.

"Really? Your clothes fell off accidently?" I asked.

"Look, I was going to meet my buddy at a hotel, but I was given the wrong room key and she was there and..she thought..-"

"That you were there for her, right?" I asked. He mumbled an agreement.

"Holy crap, you were the escort?" I asked.

"It was an accident. I told you." he replied.

"Wow just...wow." I had to contain myself from laughing.

"Shut up. And nobody needs to know about that. Understood?" he said.

"Comprende. So...you think he's an escort?" I asked.

"Not certain but...it would make sense." he replied.

"Really? Well, personally I'm sticking to my drug dealer theory." I said.

"Is that so? How much you want to bet he's aa druggie?" he asked.

"Depends, how much you want to bet he's an escort?" I shot back.

"Ten bucks?" he suggested. I bit my lip with a sly smile and nodded.

"You're on. Can't wait to be ten bucks richer." I replied.

"No, no, no my dear. It will be I whose going to be ten bucks richer." he said.

"Deal. I'd shake on it but...you're in a computer screen." I said.

"Don't worry about it. So we got a bet?" he asked.

"We got a bet."

-

I finally got home and out of the freezing cold at around seven thirty. I was out picking up my lace swatches, along with grabbing a six-pack of beer. When I pushed the doo open, Rachel was sitting by herself on the couch.

"Okay, New York may be disgusting, especially when it's covered in gray, slippery, nasty, slushie snow, and the people may be horrible and rude when you accidently step on their toes on the way home, and some smelly homeless man in pee-stained tighty-whities might have groped me on the subway, and then asked me for a dollar, but I got to say sweetheart, I finally feel like I'm home." I said as I pulled off my coat and boots, then joined my BFF on the couch.

"Glad that you found your corner of the sky, Reese." she said, not really interested in what I was saying.

"Where're the Hardy boys? Investigating the mystery of 'God, Could You Be Any More Annoying?'" I asked, talking about Kurt and Adam.

"Kurt and Adam are at NYADA." she replied.

"Seńorita Snix?" that was Santana.

"Santana is locked up in her room, something about her needing a break from the Theatre Dweebs."

"And Pablo Escobar? Did he ever come home?" we all know who I'm talking about.

"Brody is in the shower." she replied.

"Where he will be for the next hour, scrubbing the drug shame off of his frictionless, hairless body." I joked.

"For the hundreth time, okay, if you keep making fun of Brody.."

"I'm not, I'm joking Rachel. Relax. You seem really high-strung lately." I said.

"Well I don't make fun of your boyfriend, whom you're having a secret relationship with." she snapped at me...no she actually snapped at me. She's never done that before

"Well listen, while I was at the fabric store I picked up some extra strength thread and some new black buttons for your coat. You know, the fuschia pink one with the buttons that keep falling off even after I sow them back on? I figure that should do the trick. And if not, I'll make you a new, better quality coat." I said.

"That's great Reese. Thanks." she groaned. I looked around, just to make sure no one was listening.

"Okay look, now that we're alone, I want to talk about what I found this morning when I was in the bathroom in the trashcan. I was groggy and off-balance, and I accidently; listen closely this was an accident. I accidently knocked over the trash can and I found something very, very unusual. But before you get mad, alright listen everything fell out, and I decided to be a good room mate and clean it up. But then I picked up a rolled up wad of tissue paper under the used cotton swabs and soiled acne wipes. Something which, unless Santana has been fooling around with boys which is very unlikely, could've only been yours." I said. Rachel just shrugged nonchalantly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." she said.

"Rachel, come on...you're not gonna tell me about the stick?" I asked. She looked like she was going to start crying.

"You had no right." she croaked.

"Rachel, it was an accident, I swear. But listen, alright I'm your bestfriend. You even said we're like sisters. You can trust me. I'm worried about you, okay? What's going on?" I asked. It was then I crossed a line, because she started crying.

"Oh god." I took her in my arms, and I just held her, "You're gonna be okay. It's okay. You're gonna be okay." so it was true. I couldn't believe it was actually happening. 

Rachel Berry was pregnant.