20~ Stay

Rule 17: Always have your friend's back, and they'll have yours

"I think you should talk to him!" he said.

"I already gave him a pep talk! And I sang a whole song for him, FYI! He's your bestfriend!" I shot back. Sam and I were having a disagreement about who should talk to Blaine about not leaving school, and we had to figure it out quick because he was packing up his locker!

"Yeah but... you're the girl!" he replied. Really, Sam? Really?

"Oh no, you got to give me a better reason than that, Evans!" I snapped.

"How 'bout I'm a coward?" he suggested. Wow, we were going nowhere.

"Really?"

"Alright fine, we'll do it together, alright?" he finally said.

"Deal, come on," We ran over to Blaine before you could 'sabotage'... I apologize for that.

"Dude, this is all part of some master plan right? You're going back to the Warblers to gather intel for us so we can kick their ass at sectionals," Sam asked.

"Guys, don't. I feel awful enough as it is," he said and continued putting box in a box.

"Oh, for the love of crud, would you stop it?" I ripped the box away from him.

"Hey!"

"You've been beating yourself up for like, weeks, since you and Kurt broke up!" I snapped.

"Yeah, but going back to Dalton? Blaine come on, you told Reese it was because you felt more at home there. But if you ask us we think it's just another way to punish yourself," Sam said.

"And for what? What the hell did you do, exactly?" I asked him. Blaine sighed, then started telling us a story of how he met this person online and they got together... you know... 'got together'.

"It was a guy that friended me on facebook. I went over to his place because it felt like Kurt was moving on with his life and I wasn't a part of it," Sam and I just looked at each other with shock, then back at Blaine, "And I got to thinking that maybe... Kurt and I... weren't meant for each other. That we weren't supposed to spend the rest of our lives together. But the horrible thing is, right after I did it... I knew that... we were," he explained.

"Dude, you have to tell Kurt that," Sam said.

"What, you think I haven't told him that!? You think I haven't tried!?" he asked.

"Calm down, it's okay we --" I couldn't put my arm around him with this stupid box in my hands.

"Good Lord," I dropped it on the floor and slung a now-free arm around him, "We all make mistakes --" I said.

"It's not okay, though! Alright? Because I cheated on the one person that I love more than anything in this world. I hurt him, so of course he's not going to trust me. He's never going to forgive me!" he exclaimed.

"You don't know that," I said.

"Even if he doesn't, you got to forgive yourself. You got to stop...what's-what's the word when you make someone into a villain?" Sam asked me. I looked at Blaine with a flat look.

"Antagonize," I said in an irritated tone. Someone had to start paying more attention in English class.

"Right, you got to stop antagonizing yourself! Yeah, you hurt Kurt; that wasn't cool. So, you're trying to make it right," Sam said.

"But exhaling yourself to Dalton? It's not going to fix anything!" I added.

"I just want to stop feeling like I'm a bad person," he sighed.

"You're not. You're one of the good guys, and we got a whole club that'll agree with us." Sam replied. I nodded in agreement.

"Give us a day, just one day before you pack it all up. One day to be the hero everyone knows you are; because... we thought up a master plan to get our trophy back," I said. Blaine looked up at me with the light returning to his eyes.

"You did?" he asked.

"Hey, the Blonde Chameleon and Blackrose may be seperated by different cities, but we're still an awesome tag team," Sam said.

"And then, you know what? Even if you still feel like you want to go back to Dalton... we won't stop you," I said. Blaine looked down in thought, than back up at us.

"Whatcha got?"

"An awesome plan to get that trophy back," Sam said.

"But... we're going to need a grappling hook," I added. Blaine gave me a confused look.

Here comes Operation Retrieve Nationals Trophy!