13~ Warblers at Regionals

Rule 12: Always keep your friends by your side

To say I wasn't nervous was like saying Bugs Bunny is dumb. I mean, for the love of God, this was a last shot for a lot of us to win something and graduate with our heads held high. We'd have the ability to look back on these experiences with pride and tell our grandkids about it!

"You nervous?" Rachel asked as she came in. I was putting the finishing touches on one of the dresses, just to keep me busy; sowing keeps my nerves under control.

"Uh, yeah. How about you?" I asked. She gave me a look.

"I'm doing a solo, something I've done for years now... this is your first time doing one," she replied. I huffed and nodded.

"Yeah, I guess I am nervous. You think I'll do good?" I asked.

"Of course you will, and you're going to have all of us behind you. And you know what, even if we lose, we'll be okay," she said. I looked at her like she had three heads.

"If we lose, we'll be okay? Who are you and what the hell did you do to Rachel Berry?" I joked. Rachel just laughed, then her smile faded. That either meant too things: either she didn't get what she wanted, or I was in trouble.

"You know who's going to be in the audience right?" she asked.

"I am not intimidated by Horrid Hairgel and his dweeby friends. In fact I look forward to seeing him shed tears when we hold that regionals trophy high and mighty-like," I replied with a smirk. Rachel tilted her head and gave me a look. You know, one of those 'yeah right' looks.

"Reeeeeese," she sang. It was my turn to give her a look.

"Reeeeeese, PZZT! What the hell is that for?" I asked.

"I bumped into your mother yesterday and she told me what interesting pair of hard heads she found in her storage locker. Care to explain how that happened?" she asked.

"Easy, never ever let a Lurch help you carry produce crates into a storage locker with you, you're bound to strangle him with your daggered eyes from anger. Two hours we were locked in there, two hours of my life I'll never get back!" I exclaimed.

"Reese, I'm sure it wasn't that bad," she said. It actually wasn't...but I'd never admit that.

"Yeah well, it's over so... take your dress and go change. It's on hanger thirteen," I instructed.

"Alright, thanks Reese. Hey, these dresses are beautiful. Your best work yet," she smiled.

"Thanks, now hurry and go! We got to be on in three hours!" I exclaimed. Rachel giggled and grabbed her dress off the hanger, then went to change.

"Ow!" you know this was the first time in four years as a semstress I've poked myself with a needle?

⚥⚥⚥

"And now let's meet our judges for the 2012 Midwest Regionals! Deputy Zoning Commissioner, Melba Jackson-Wright!" architect who's looking for a little stimulation aside from her dull sex life.

"President of the Ohio Plumbers Union Local 109, Mr. Harl Beindorf!" creep who has the possible impulse to masturbate to young boys in tight slacks. 

"And Central Ohio's number one late-night horror movie host..."

"No..." Finn suddenly gasped.

"...Svengoobles!" I had to laugh at his name. What kind of horror movie vampire names himself Svengoobles? I mean come on, that is hilarious! He didn't even look scary, looked like an anorexic, heroin using clown!