9~ Looking Foreward

Back in the auditorium, Mr. S called us for a meeting. I had a feeling this had something to do with Dave, and that was made him my favourite teacher. Unlike many of the teachers at this crap school, he was one of the genuine few who cared about us. As we all sat down, I noticed he had a jar of peanut butter and a spoon, was he even allowed to bring peanut butter here?

"Mr. Schue, why do you have a jar of peanut butter and one spoon? Mercedes asked him.

"Yeah, there are sixteen of us here, and I'm only comfortable with sharing a spoon with about half of you," Sugar added. Airhead.

"Well, it's comes to my attention that our good friend, Rory Flanagan, has never tasted peanut butter before," he replied. We al looked at the leprechaun shocked. Is peanut butter extinct in Ireland?

"Rory, if you would," Mr. S handed him the peanut butter jar, Rory took the spoon and tasted it. Of course he loved it!

"Mr. Schue, while that's incredibly moving, um, it's kind of been an emotional week for some of us," Kurt cut in. He's not wrong.

"Yeah Mr. Schue, what's the point of all this?" Finn asked.

"The point is that Rory had a brand new experience, something as simple as peanut butter. You guys are young, I want you to promise me that no matter how depressed you get, no matter how hopeless or alone you feel, you'll try your best to imagine all the amazing experiences you have ahead of you." he replied. 

"Mr. Schue, look I know we can be dramatic sometimes, but I don't think anyone would consider taking their own life," Mercedes said. If I had no brain I would shout "You're so wrong!" at her. 

"I did," those words didn't come from my lips, they came from Mr. S. He tried to kill himself?

"What?" I asked softly.

"Junior year, I uh... I cheated on my math midterm. Peeked at the answers of the guy next to me and... the teacher saw me do it," he explained.

"Just 'cause you got caught cheating? I get caught cheating all the time!" Puck said. Not helping moron.

"They called my dad at his office, and he was coming to pick me up," he sighed in thought, "How was I supposed to look him in the eye? I just kept picturing my dad... so disappointed in me. So... I walked up to the roof. I went right to the edge. One step and all the pain and humiliation would be over,"

"Is that true?" Kurt asked.

"That day, I promise you, it felt like the end of the world... but you know what? It wasn't," he said. "You know for some of you, getting caught cheating isn't a big deal, but there's something... everyone has something that could drive them over the edge," I felt like I was going to start crying with what he was saying, I know what it's like to try to commit, "And look at the things I would've missed out on. I would have never met you guys, or Emma. I would've missed out on everything," so would I...

"So, right now, I want you all to think of something that you're looking foreward to. Big things," he said. Nobody knew who to start, until Sam spoke up.

"Some day, I want to earn enough money to buy my folks a new place, so they don't ever have to go through the pain of losing their home again," he said.

"I'm most looking foreward to meeting Rachel Berry's children," Mercedes joked, but Rachel and Finn just smiled and went along.

"I want to be there to see my kid's first step," Artie said.

"I want to be there to see Sex in the City, part III," Sugar said.

"Wow," Mr. S chuckled, along with the rest of us.

"I'm sort of embarrassed to admit it but, I really am looking foreward to graduating," Puck said.

"I'm gonna petition the army to chnge my dad's dishonorable discharge status to an honourable one," Finn said.

"I'm looking foreward to graduating from Yale at the top of my class," -Quinn said.

"I'm looking forward to the day when my grandmother loves me again," Santana said.

"I want Lord Tubbington to kick his ecstasy addiction," Of course, that was Brittany.

"I'm looked forward to marriage equality in all 50 states" and that was Blaine

"I'm looking forward to the first time I dance at Carnegie Hall," mike said.

"I'm looking forward to receiving my acceptance letter to F.I.T," I said. (F.I.T: Fashion Institute of Technology)

"I just want a song," Tina made us laugh.

"I'm looking forward to watching my dad making a difference in congress," -Kurt

"I'm looking forward to being friends with all of you for the rest of my life," Rachel said. She made me smile and lean over to hug her.

"I know this sounds silly but, the peanut butter really  is amazing Mr. Schue," Rory said. "But you know what I'm looking forward to?" he asked us, "Winning at regionals."

My only thought?

Yes.