I wanna be like you

"Hahah! You were just so chatty at the factory! What happened to that?!"
"I'm innocent! I don't... I don't have any virus in my system."
"Well, you said you have information about it! Where is it?"
"It's not that easy! I can't just tell you it like that!"
"Well you're going to have to!"
"It's all in detective Flores's terminal..."
"But you had to analyze it before the investigation, didn't you?"
"Y-yes b-but..." "So tell me! Tell me what there is to know about the virus!"
"I promised the d-detective not to tell anyone about it. It could be useful for future investigations..." "The 'future investigation' is now! Now we can use it!"
"But if this gets on TV... everyone will know, everyone including him. He'll do something to evolve it and we'd just have to start all over again."
"This won't get on TV. We need this information just as much as you do."
"Okay... give me your hand." Conan looked at the window.

Alright, I'll tell them everything later.

The RK900 gave her the hand and received blocks and blocks of new code. He scanned through them in five seconds.

"Some of your information has been scratched at." Conan groaned, dissatisfied.
"Scratched at?"
"Some parts of your information have been torn out from an outside source. You wouldn't know, because your program is much more vulnerable to mine, I can also find the scratches that you are unable to detect."

The android then walked over to detective Gavin Reed. "Make sure detective Axel Flores gets transferred to the DPD. We need to be able to work with him at all times." Gavin looked shocked.
"What the hell are you talking about? You think I can just go to Fowler and transfer that guy by asking nicely?"
"Yes."
"Then you are fucking wrong! He thinks I'm arrogant and have a bad attitude, the last thing he'd do was do me a favor!"
"Then change your attitude."
"Are you fucking serious?"

RK900 pulled the man to a corner, so that no one thinks he was doing anything suspicious. The android moved his lips to Gavin's ear, almost resting his chin on the detective's shoulder and whispered.
"Look, detective, this case is really important. I don't want it to be difficult because you fail to contribute to it." Somehow it managed to set a shiver through the man, the reaction Conan was looking for. "So please, go and transfer A-xel Flor-es to the Detroit Police Department." He spoke out the name with a pause, as to a child who was learning how to read. Gavin gathered all the bravery left inside of him to speak up.
"W-who do you think y-you are?"
"My name is Conan. I'm an RK900 android working at the Detroit Police Department. As a newer version of the RK800 model, I was partnered with detective Gavin Reed to improve efficiency in his job. If you do not wish to work with me on this case I'd be more than happy to hack into Connor's system and manipulate him into willingly taking you out..."

"With a sniper or on a date?"
"Whichever one you prefer. Though you probably wouldn't mind both." His eyes were emotionless. There was a silent pause, Conan was ready to leave.

"Why can't you ever be nice like him?" Gavin murmured, looking flustered and afraid.
"What was that?" He shuddered as he heard the android answer him. The detective hesitated before replying.
"Hank's pet is always so friendly and helpful to him! Why can't you do that!?"
"I thought you didn't want to talk with me."
"Well, uh! Talking with androids has become a thing now so it wouldn't change anything anyway!"
"If you wish to talk with me, I am always open to conversation." Conan smiled a crooked smile, something he didn't do often. He turned around and left, not waiting for a reply from the man.

Would being a kinder android than Connor be considered being better than RK800? It could interfere with the mission but also build trust with other humans...

The next day, Conan noticed a tall man with blonde hair and a few bags in his hands walk over to one of the empty desks. He was dressed pretty professionally compared to the others; in a thin, white shirt and blue jeans. What seemed off though, were his working cheeks. He was chewing gum.

The android approached him curiously and ran a quick analysis.

Detective Axel Flores, age 29.

I wonder what Reed had to do to get him here...

"Hello, detective Flores! My name is Conan. I'm one of the androids investigating the virus case. I look forwards to working with you." The man almost jumped in surprise.

"Eyy! Don't scare my man like that!" He heard a familiar voice. Conan leaned behind the man to spot the LK800 patting the detective on the back. Flores grunted with amusement as he saw the female android.

"You are on good terms I see." Conan pointed out. He honestly hoped this android would be replaced with a better model.

LK900s probably won't be released anytime soon. Humans don't even find it necessary when they have the RK900 model...

"Yes, yes! We get along very well!" She answered, energetically, before the detective got to say anything. Flores put a few thin books on the table.

Japanese comics... also known as manga. Flores is interested in Japanese culture?

"Do you want me to lend you one?" He asked, a grin on his face. Klara nodded to Conan encouragingly. Rejecting his offer would've been rude and holding a grudge against his android wouldn't do him any good either.

"Yes, I would very much like that." As soon as he got the book into his hand, he ran through the pages in half a second then gave it back.

"I forgot you read so fast."
"Where do you get paper books from?"
"There's this library close by my house..." "I read all the mangas! Including the ones in Japanese, Polish and Russian! I recommended him the best 53! We even went to a con and had the best cosplay!"
"Oh, it wasn't the best... though it was pretty neat." He chuckled.
"Conan? Could we get to the investigation tomorrow? We're a bit worn out from moving here... I hope you don't mind." She fiddled with her fingers, as if she was shy.
"No, that's no problem." It actually was, but pushing them with it wouldn't solve anything.

Conan turned around and saw Gavin sitting on his chair with lis legs on his desk, scrolling through the screen of his phone.

"It seems you have nothing to do now detective..." RK900 tried to wrap this is sincere words but when he realized the detective didn't seem to care, he decided to be more direct to not loose time. "We're gonna go spend some time together." The android offered with a crooked smile. It finally grabbed Reed's attention. "Come on! Get up!" Conan said, beginning to loose patience.