004 | loud whispers

J

 minho and him were 'partners in crime', according to his mom, when she tells him stories about the pair of them. they didn't go anywhere without each other. his father has told me otherwise about minho, and he doesn't know who to trust. and the fact he can't remember anything before being fourteen doesn't help.

jisung can recall the long nights out and the short afternoons on lunch break. he can remember happy laughter and giggling surrounded by bubbles. he can remember a mixture of voices echoing in a chorus in an underpass. he remembers days spent on the roof of school buildings, never caring about the consequences. 

he remembers being truly happy.

yet there are always eight figures in these faded memories. and only seven names and faces he can picture. his close friends he shares age with, hyunjin, felix and seungmin, the two upperclassmen that had extended friendship to them when they discovered they had no one to go to. their younger friend who brightens up the world with his airy laugh and charming smile. but there is always one dark spot in these recollections. is this where minho fits in?

why is his brain so incomplete? why is there such a stark avoidance of those memories? who is minho and why does he so desperately want the pieces of the puzzle to be thrust back into his hands?

he's heard changbin talking about someone behind his back. he never catches enough of the conversation, always consisting of hushed whispers and muffled comments. a partner in crime, the other half. the missing link. who is he and why did he leave?

secrets aren't uncommon. but jisung wishes he could at least ignore the inkling that they have something to do with him.