Chapter 3

"So when do you see this guy anyway?" Kaylin asks as she eats her chips

I sigh. "Honestly I really don't know." I had told Kaylin about Steven's change in schedule and what happened last night. She seemed amazed at the whole thing. I know she likes the gossip and she's my only girl friend so I told her.

"Well there is a good thing that will come out of this whole thing." I wait in silence for an answer. "You two will have GORGEOUS children!"

"Kaylin!"

She raises her eyebrows up and down twice.

"I don't even know if I'll have kids." Julia, you know you want kids.

"Julia! I know you want kids!" It's true. I do want kids. Three, to be exact. There's just something about caring for kids of my own that seems amazing. It really is a miracle of life. "Okay, with both of your brown eyes, his honey brown hair, and your golden brown hair, they will be models! I can see it now, you'll have a girl with pretty long eyelashes and a clean smile like you, then a boy with a sharp jawline and smolder like him."

I laughed, thinking this was absurd. Steven didn't want kids. He didn't really like them or know how to handle them ether. It's not just that, I can't even see us with kids... but clearly, Kaylin can.

"I'm telling you! These kids will be on the cover of Brooklyn Magazine with my help! And you and Steven's of course." She added the last part with a wink.

I groaned. She's always like this. Flirty and fun.

When I got home, I threw my keys and mail on the counter. Then for a while, I worked on a piece for work on my laptop. I also tried to eat dinner late, just trying to keep myself awake for him. I left him leftovers in the refrigerator as well. When I finally got into bed, I waited. I lied awake for hours, it seemed like.

Click.

That was our door.

I looked up to see surprisingly energized Steven. He ripped off his clothes and leaned in to kiss me. I slightly pushed him away.

"Honey it's been a long day. I don't really feel like it." I manage to say without falling asleep.

"Why not, pumpkin?" He tries to pull me in again, but I don't want to be kissed right now.

"Steven, I'm not teasing. I waited as long as I could for you. I'm just tired." I say in a sweet tone. I roll over on my side and instantly fall asleep.

Not tonight, Steven....

When I wake up, it's 7:00. He's gone. I roll out of bed and put on a robe. I take a long, hot shower and feel the hot water on my skin. Sometimes i feel like it's burning, but it's too cold when I turn it down. So I enjoy the beautiful burning sensation of hot water down my back. I do my hair and pick out an outfit, a dress would be nice today. With knee high socks and boots. As I go to run out the door, I realize my leftovers are sitting on the counter. Steven must have ate it last night and forgot to put it away. Great, now it's no good because he left it out. I breath in deep. Whatever.

I stroll down the busy streets and corners on my way to work. It's ridiculous to call a cab, no matter what Steven says. He's always on me about calling a cab, or calling a car to get to work. Why? I can walk down the street just fine. It's not that far, and I can do things on my own. I get that he might be concerned with my safety, but he's rich. Not me. I only live in his apartment! I laugh at myself because soon, I will be rich. Because we will be married. Marriage. The wedding. It's going to be great. I can work with it...

The doors of Brooklyn Magazine swing open and a gust of wind blows at my face. A man comes up to me and pushes a paper in my face.

"Fix it, Allen."

I'm a little taken back, but reply, "c-can do, sir." Well that ruined the moment. I was having a pretty simple and easy morning until now. Another paper to edit. At least it was an easy fix and enjoyable to read.

Reading. Writing. Authors. Ca-

"Julia! Any more tea?" She asks, interrupting my thoughts. Good thing too. You don't need to think of that name, Julia.

I lie and tell her, "nope."

She frowns in response. Classic Kaylin when she can't get anymore drama.

Other than the throw off of a few papers, it was a normal day. Now, it's beginning to seem normal. It's going to be the normal, at least.