Chapter 2

I just sat on the couch when the door opened

"Honey, life is great!" Steven exclaimed as he tossed his briefcase down.

I sighed. "Sure is."

He frowned. "You seem stressed, what's the matter sweetie?" He came over to the couch and kissed me.

"Nothing. I'm just stressed out with the wedding, that's all."

"We will get through it together!" I giggled. He was a good person, what did I do to deserve him?

"You are the most amazing husband-to-be ever!"

He shrugged. "I know." I laughed and he grinned. "So tomorrow I'll leave at 5:15, okay?" I made a face. Isn't 5:15 a bit too early?

"Well, that's okay. We'll have dinner together!"

"I end at 11:00." My heart sunk. Now this I was not expecting.

"Do you have to leave at that time? Or end at that time?" I asked, hoping he would say no and lay in bed with me a little longer.

"Unfortunately." Now I was getting frustrated.

"What days will you work if your time is increased?" My voice raises a little.

"Well... everyday, sweetheart."

"When do you plan on seeing me?!" I shriek. I can't plan this whole wedding by myself!

His arm goes back and retreats from my shoulders. His face looks confused. Almost like he's looking for a different person. Am I being too harsh? A voice inside me says keep going and that this isn't fair, another voice says that he's my fiancé and it's great he got a promotion.

I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have raised my voice. Honey, it's great you got a promotion! I'm really happy for you, it's just..." say something about the wedding. "I've been really stressed with work lately."

A smile is plastered back on his face. "It's alright. Just please don't get mad at me." He chuckles.

"I-I'm going to go to bed."

"I'll watch TV for a bit then join you."

It turned out to be two hours.