Ch.15- Conviction

Ch.15- Conviction

(AN- Anyone spoiling the story at any part will have their comment deleted. Spoiling the story for other's isn't cool, and it's kinda upsetting to have to address this in the first place since it's started to appear in this book as of late. Reading the story and finding out the reveals yourself provides a much more enjoyable experience. So please don't ruin the story or the fun of reading for yourself and others by spoiling. Enjoy the read every one.)

Light pouring in through your eyes, you couldn't help but groan as your vision settled upon the morning rays. You sat upright, looking around your untouched dorm room. Everything was here and nothing was missing.

Quickly glancing over and tugging your phone into your hand, taking the entire cord and charger with you, you clicked open to show the date. If all worked... if you truly were getting a better handle on your quirk then- then-

It was three weeks until that day.

Three entire weeks.

Your hand pressed up against your mouth, holding back the tears that were threatening to spill once more. You had done it. You had managed to return to another point in time through dying.

"I did it everyone..." You cried hard into your shoulder. "...you were right about everything. I'm sorry I was so thick headed before."

Your hands gripped your nightshirt, the fabric becoming stained from all the tears dripping down onto it. Your arms forced your hand to let go, and instead moved to hold on tightly to your back, shaking with relief that once again... you'd have a chance to redo this world.

You remained motionless for a few more moments, letting it all sink in and allowing your emotions to have their way. After being denied from acting for so long, you were not used to feeling them so powerfully. So these feelings deserved a chance to run their course before you decided to continue moving.

You wiped away the droplets on your face, knowing full well that there was one more test to see if things had truly worked out the way you had meant for them to. Taking a deep breath you relaxed yourself.

"Todoroki, Bakugou, Midoriya, Shinsou, Kirishima and Kaminari." You smiled softly. "Those were their names...and since today is the monday on the second week back... Hatsume oversleeps today!"

You got up dashing towards the door and running out into the hallway. Walking in front of the pink haired girl's dorm, you pounded harshly for a few seconds. When she didn't answer you tore open the door and marched inside.

Hatsume was passed out at her desk, parts of metal and gears stuck in her hair, a thick smell of machine oil clinging to her skin. You rolled your eyes, bending down to give her a harsh stare before waking her up.

"You're so irresponsible..." You mumbled, shaking her gently to not startle her out of the sleep she'd be needing. "...what time did you even go to bed?"

"...five more minutes, dad." Hatsume mumbles, pushing your hand off of her and cuddling back into her arms.

"Please... if you were my kid I'd have raised you better." Your voice was dull, but enough to make Hatsume's ears perk up.

She lifted her head up slowly, golden eyes squinting at you. She blinked and then resorted to rubbing away the eye crusts that had grown during her small period of rest. You rose a brow, having never seen a fresh and groggy morning Hatsume before.

"(Name)?" She asked, looking at you a bit more. "What are you doing in my room?"

"You didn't text me this morning like you always do." You shrugged. "Class starts in 90 minutes, I'd get ready and soon."