Ch.2- At First Glance

Three weeks had flown by rather quickly: the activities, the school life, the homework, and the strange day to day occurrences at UA had proven to move time faster ever so slightly. Your work kept you busy and you never seemed to slow down. Hatsume was definitely more talented, having already created nearly two dozen new 'babies' in these three weeks alone, but you were not far behind her.

However, unlike Hatsume who produced items at a steady rate, you produced few items that held a huge importance. Your project this year was a new alert system that you were hoping would be implemented in the professional world come your graduation.

You had spent half of first-year designing, and now this year you had begun production. It started off slow of course, with coding and testing being very trivial. One wrong wire or command would lead the whole system to malfunction and it got tedious after the 20th try.

Groaning, you flung the sensitive headgear from your messy locks of (hair color) and collapsed into your seat. Your head tossed back, no longer even on the seat but dangling off the back, much like your arms were doing on the side.

"I'm taking a break." You announced to your teacher.

He nodded and handed you the hall pass. It was usual for the support class to get time off to cool down and relax before coming back to their projects. You could be gone 10 minutes or 2 hours. The support class really got spoiled when it came to this.

Anything for your brain to start working again you supposed.

You wandered down the hallways and into the library. It had been a while since you were last here, maybe 4 months ago?

You neared the section on coding and started to scan the textbooks for one that might help you with your current issue. One book that would hold all the keys and answers to the locks and problems.

You nodded to yourself when you spotted a large book resting 5 shelves up, ready for your hands to come and snatch it out of its position. The only issue was your height or lack of it.

You stretched up as far as you could, attempting to snag and touch the book. Hell, even tipping it until it fell would be helpful. Yet you proved time and time again with each try that you were not tall enough to even dust a finger against the wooden bottom of the shelf.

"Oh come on...." You mumbled, eye twitching slightly.

Why did the librarian decide to place this book so high up? Did only tall students read it? Was it never checked out too often? Was this some library aide's idea of a joke?

"Would you like some assistance?"

You had been so caught up in your annoyed display that you had not seen the student come up from behind you. His quiet and calm voice had startled you slightly, making you jump back an inch or so.

He glanced at you: one blue eye looking on in curiosity, the silver one looking at you in concern. His eyes were not the only thing on him that didn't match, as his locks of red and white also proved to you that he was split down the middle.

While you were not keen on keeping up with the other classes, even you knew this was one of the more talked about boys from the hero course. And of course, he was part of the infamous 2-A.

His name escaped you, but you knew he was the son of Endeavor.

"That large one." You pointed up, and he reached up with ease.

He had a few good centimeters on you, making him struggle a bit less with the book. In fact, he was able to get it down on the first try, though he did have to readjust his grip once he was bringing the text down.