Ch.11- A Jerk with a Golden Heart

Trudging along, his eyes low to the ground, anyone could tell that Bakugou Katsuki was in a bit of a mood this morning. Truthfully, he was always in a mood, this wasn't anything new, but today just seemed to be different.

He was always one who appreciated sleep, and so when he was awoken by the ringing of his cell phone at around 3 am- it was easy to say the person calling him was about to get chewed out.

However, upon hearing the new hero course student's voice with a simple 'I'm adding you to the group call' the ash blonde could only assume this had something to do with that waste of time.

That waste of time being the emotionless and passive aggressive machine girl. Honestly... why the hell did he have to be included in this? Those five idiots could have done fine without him... but apparently since 'he confronted you' he needed to come as well.

He listened in as the purple haired mind controller spoke, explaining what had apparently happened less than an hour ago. Bakugou sighed, hearing the four other heroes-in-training immediately ask if that pesky girl was okay.

Why did they care? He sure as hell didn't.

Though, he was more perplexed by why his sudden teammates were acting so differently than before. It was agreed upon that they would only be getting close to you in case they failed again... and needed another restart.

It was shallow, each of them knew, but with the fate of each of their friends and family members on the line, a little falsity and manipulation was needed. And at first, that's exactly what happened.

They joined the gardening club, hoping to get close enough to you for you to agree to use your quirk again if needed. But it turned out more difficult than they imagined and slowly one by one... Bakugou saw his classmates admit to feeling guilty about using her.

Todoroki had been the first, saying that you had just faced some huge emotional trauma and as a result, they should back off. His own personal feelings had obviously shown through, but he was still outnumbered.

Then Kirishima, saying that you were more complicated than you led on and forcing you to use a quirk that hurt you wasn't fair. And he didn't want to live with that guilt or how unmanly it would be as well.

Deku was the obvious next choice to cave in, apparently walking a girl home was enough to make him give into that damn guilty conscious he had. Loser wouldn't have lasted long enough though... so who gave a fuck.

Kaminari claimed that he'd feel uncool and a bit 'too much like Mineta' if he went through any further with their original plan. And then the idiot claimed he'd come up with a new one where they all could save the day and you didn't have to get hurt in any way.

And now Shinsou... saying that seeing the state her time leaps left her in was enough for him to not want to ever put her in a situation to use it again. His tone was tired, but it was stern. He wasn't going to change his mind.

Meaning Bakugou was the only one left who was still fine with the original plan and now he was greatly outnumbered too.

He didn't know what exactly you had said or did to make his classmates turn after a single encounter with them each, but it pissed him off. Sure, he didn't exactly like the idea of using you... but it wasn't like it was for his or their own gain.

He was talking about the state of the world and the future itself! He wasn't being selfish... they were! If one person got hurt instead of millions... then that was a good thing right? Heroes would defeat the villain and save hundreds! How the hell was this any different?