7. Pre-date

Date night. Well, it wasn't really a date, but close enough. It was an evening with Will, which was good enough. I could feel butterflies in my stomach, but I couldn't help smiling. I was excited.

I simply put on a black dress - nothing overly sexy, but comfortable and not too over the top. Then I had to wait. I hated waiting. Too excited to watch TV, I just sat on my phone. Nothing exciting was happening. I was nervous though. It was Will, for god's sake. My childhood best friend.

Then I heard some taps on my door. Grinning, I answered the door and was greeted by Will, who looked oddly nervous. It was out of character for him - he was always super brave and confident.

"Hey, Cas," he smiled, and I couldn't help but notice he was shaking slightly. Did I make him nervous?

"Hey Will, ready to go?" I stepped out of my dorm and locked the door, double checking that I had my phone and purse in my clutch. He nodded, and together we walked to where his car was parked.

Like the gentleman he was, he opened my car door, closing it as I sat down. His car was pretty nice, considering he had a terrible job and that he must've gotten his license quite recently. I did my seatbelt (safety first) and Will followed suit. I glanced at him, and he was smiling. He had a small blush on his cheeks.

"We're here," he said, pulling into a parking space and stopping the car. I nodded and, as I got my clutch, he got out of the car and opened my door. Thanking him, I stepped out of the car and gasped slightly looking at the restaurant. The butterflies in my stomach seemed to go crazy.

"This...this restaurant seems really classy, Will,"
"It's not every day you reunite with your old mate, Cas, it's a special occasion, yeah?" he said, nervousness hanging onto every word he said. He sounded uncertain; was he regretting bringing me here?
"It looks lovely though, and it's really thoughtful of you," I reassured him, and he relaxed slightly.

He held out his arm, and I linked mine with his.
"Ready?" he asked, making eye contact with me; something he'd been hesitant to do all evening.
"Of course."