A frown appeared on his forehead as he lifted his right foot to continue walking. Hermes walked towards the paper bag only to be stilled again seeing the same pastel blue lunchbox inside the paper bag. The lunchbox Jane has for him.

Inalis n'ya sa loob ng paper bag ang lunchbox para basahin ang nakasulat sa sticky notes na nakadikit sa ibabaw ng takip mg lunchbox na iyon.

Happy first day as husband and wife! Cooked your lunch, hubby, eat well, take care. Xoxo — Ur Wifey :>

His tongue rolled inside his left cheek as his grip on the lunch box tightened.

Tumingala s'ya at tinuon ang mga mata sa puting kisame ng kusina habang hawak-hawak pa din ang pastel blue na lunchbox. Humugot s'ya ng malalim na hininga at marahas iyong binuga.

After blowing a loud harsh breath, Hermes dragged his eyes back to the lunchbox he's holding.

He leaned his back on the island counter as he decided to open the lunchbox.

The sweet and good aroma of Adobong baboy lingers his nostrils the moment he opens the box.

Hermes' green eyes softened when he finally took off the pastel blue cover of the lunchbox and see the adorable arrangement of the food.

The rice was shaped like a panda with eyes made of pork, while the bamboo was made of lined and sliced pork.

Sinara n'ya iyon at makailang ulit na napalunok bago kusang dumako ang mga mata n'ya sa isang maliit na puting planggana. Hermes placed the lunchbox over the island counter as he went to picked up the small white basin and filled it with warm clean water.

Binuhat n'ya 'yon at dinala sa loob ng kwarto n'ya kung nasaan ang asawa at inalapag iyon sa ibabaw ng bedside table kapagkuwan ay nagtungo sa loob ng walked in closet n'ya para kumuha ng bimpo, t-shirt at hindi pa nagagamit na boxer para gamiting pambihis kay Jane.

He just dragged her here last night after they've signed a marriage contract so the woman brought nothing but the lunch boxes they used yesterday and her small purse.

He walked out of his walk-in closet with his both hands occupied by the clothes and fabric he got inside. He walks towards Jane who's sleeping with a frown and traces of dried tears on her hurt resting face.

Hermes' sigh as he soaks the towel in to the water and he uncovered her naked body from being hidden underneath his thick comforter.

Hermes was about to wiped her body with wet towel when he accidentally touches her skin as he removes the comforter over her nakedness.

Hermes' eyes widened in worry and fear. Her skin is burning! It is burning hot like she was actually being burn at the moment! Agad na kinapa ni Hermes ang noo ng dalaga para lang lalong lukubin ng kaba at pag-aalala ang dibdib n'ya ng makumpirmang inaapoy nga ng lagnat ang dalaga.

Worry and guilt consumes him whole, his heart was pounding so fast in nervousness and worry.

Natatarantang bumalik s'ya ng kusina para palitan ng tubig ang maliit na planggana at palitan iyon ng malamig na tubig.

He went back rushing inside their room and cleaned her body with cold and wet towel. Nang matapos n'ya itong punasan ay agad n'ya itong sinuotan ng damit at humiga sa tabi nito at ikulong ang dalaga sa mahigpit na yakap.

He's regretting his harsh actions towards her; his lips were trembling as he kissed her forehead silently.

He cuddles her, caged her inside his arms. Waiting for her body temperature to cool down but seconds turns into minutes and minutes turned into hours, her body temperature just increases even more, scaring the shit out of him.

"Fuck baby I'm sorry..."

***

HERMES' HANDS were trembling as he reached for Jane's hand and brought it over his lips. It's been two days and she's still unconscious.

He squeezed his eyes shut when he remembered why she was burning hot last-last night. It was because of deep laceration on her vagina walls, and of course he was the one who caused it.

He even looked for a good female doctor to check up on her because he is insane enough to not let any guy touches her except from him.

He hired a female doctor and a female gynecologist for her. The gynecologist says she was burning because of her deep laceration while the doctor says that she lost her consciousness for a reason and that reason is to cope up and take her strength back, because her body suffered in a severe tiredness, she will need to sleep for at least a couple of days to bring her strength back.

Hermes rolled his tongue between his trembling lips.

This is why he questioned himself before if he's worth it to stay with her and he answered himself no because he knows that he can't control himself once he snapped in anger but yet, he still chooses to be selfish and keep her. Nagtagis ang bagang niya sa naisip kasabay ng paninikipng kaniyang dibdib.

His heart tugged in pain. He wanted no one until she came into his life, but sadly she wasn't for him and him being determined to own her, he wrapped his hands around her neck so he can trap her with him and she won't be able to leave.

His lifeless eyes stares at her sleeping beautiful face.

He just wants to be the man she loves but sadly it just wasn't him. It's Tyler and he will never be Tyler.

Hermes sighed for the fourth time today and was about to walked towards his office table inside his room to work even though he's at home, when his brand-new phone rang.

Napatitig s'ya numerong nasa screen bago na pag-isipang sagutin iyon.

"What did you do this time Hermes?! Why is she unconscious?!" Tyler's fuming mad baritone voice echoed in his right ear that made him gritted his teeth and clenches his perfect sharp jaw.

He has idea on how Tyler got that information and it's fueling his anger, and if it is not a sin to kill people, he'll kill those doctors with his bare hands.

"You're that heartless?! That's it! I'm taking her away from you!"

Hermes' green eyes darkened.

____

THENAUGHTYGRAY