Sayonara Hitori

The lights dimmed again as the stage prepares for another contestant. Val sneaked a glanced at Taemin, who was currently sitting at the judges platform.

Val went to support Taemin today for the new idol show, The Unit. She always loved watching shows like these and she knows Taemin is good at giving out comments for those aspiring idols.

"Val unnie I think this will be the last performer for today" Mina, the polite girl that Val had been acquainted with, said

"Really? I'm sure they saved the best for the last" Val replied

The silhouette of a person appeared followed by the screen flashing the name of the performer.

Ji Hansol.

A simple name caused a buzz and confusion in the audience.

"Ji Hansol? The Ji Hansol?"
"Is it really him?"
"I thought Hansol was leaving the idol life"

Everyone was looking at Val because if this is the person that everyone is thinking about then this will be the first time Val will meet the ex-SM rookie again.

Val was just as confused as them. She cannot hide her confusion and anticipation. Her heart was racing as soon as she saw the name. She didn't know if it's because she wants to see him or she wasn't ready to see him.

The performer starts to come out of the dark and it was indeed the ex-SM rookie.

And for a moment, Val's world stopped and it's as if he's the only person she can see.

The memories flooded back to Val and the emotions that accompanies it also resurfaced.

She watched him move around the stage and Val could see how he oozes of confidence just like before. His eyes circled around the audience and Val was taken a back when he met her gaze.

Val was expecting to see a familiar smile from him but then he went back to looking at the panel of judges

"Val unnie, are you okay?" Mina wondered

"Just a little shocked, dont worry" Val said "It's not everyday you see a former member"

"If things turn out well, you'll be able to see him a lot now unnie" Mina said

Val wasn't sure if she can handle seeing Hansol again and again. She doesn't even know what to say if she ever meets Hansol in person.

"Hello, Im Ji Hansol who wants to become a super dancing singer"

She knew how much he wanted to debut and she remember the nights she was with him as he practiced. She smiled with the thought that his fire didn't burn out.

The music started for his performance began and the familiar music was really too much for Val to handle.

Hansol was performing Goodbye by Taemin.

The audience were shocked because an ex-SM trainee has an audacity to use a song of his previous company and at the same time performing it to the artist who performed it.

In Val's case, she was shocked to see Hansol perform the last song that they danced together.

Val as usual found Hansol in an empty dance practice room. He was lying at the cold floor like a star fish.

"You're gonna get sick if you keep doing that" Val said

"and you're gonna get sick if you keep staying up like this"Hansol retorted" Why are you awake at these hours"

"I missed hanging around with you and I have no schedule tomorrow morning so I decided to pay you a visit" Val grinned

"Yeah you're too busy with NCT, you forgot about dear old Hansol who's still at the dungeons of SM"

Val threw a playful shove at the now sitted Hansol.

"Yahh, how could I forget about you? You are so unforgettable. I keep nagging my managers to let you in NCT" Val defended

An uncomfortable silence fell upon the two people and its pretty clear that they are both hesitating to say something.

"Val do you wanna dance?"

"What song?"

"Taemin sunbaenim's Goodbye"

That was the last memory of Hansol to Val. The next time she was looking for Hansol, she found out that Hansol already left the entertainment.

"Goodbye,now forever. I don't wanna say goodbye.Goodbye, goodbye."