Chapter 10 , "The Ultra-Sound"

Candy said her prayer and she went to bed. She ended up falling asleep while waiting for Terry to come back. Junior was making her tired, too bad, she'll see Terry tomorrow morning...

oOoOoOoOoOo

Terry was at Susanna's ashamed, on the couch.

- I'm sorry Susanna...

- It's ok, she said

- I don't know what's going on... it's not like I'm in love with my wife...

- Yet...

- I haven't touched her since our one night stand...

- That's the problem... you put it in your mind not to make love and your body registered that...

- So I'm blocked? No, it's ridiculous!

- You can't perform honey...

- It's the stress from my marriage... forgive me Susanna. I'm going to go back home...

He took her in his arms and kissed her on the mouth.

- You could spend the night...

- No, I have to go back home. I wouldn't want something to happen to my wife during the night and I'm not there...

- Looks like you're more attached to your wife than you think...

- She's going to have my baby, Susanna

- I know, you can't stop repeating ti! Said Susanna dryly.

Terry got ready and he walked to the door.

- Good night Susanna

- Good night Terry, said Susanna sulking.

Terry got out of the apartment, he took the elevator and got out of the building and took his car back to go back home. He got in, he armed the alarm and went upstairs. He took his clothes off and went to shower quickly. He couldn't go to bed with the smell of Susanna's perfume. But the heck was he doing? What was he doing with Susanna? He almost broke his marriage vows! But his body had other things in mind... he got out of the bathroom and he dried himself and he put on his pyjamas and he slipped into the bed. Candy had her back turned and she didn't turn to curled up against him like she used to... He wanted to feel her against him, to feel Junior against him, wanted to sleep with his wife and have Junior against him. But Candy had her back turned, if he moved her, she was going to wake up and he didn't feel like answering questions she might have for him. Usually after his shower, when he lay down, she would turn around to go into his arms. But it looked like she was angry with him. Why? Well he had been a naughty boy, and maybe Candy have heard about what happened at the country Club by the gossips... but what happened with susanna, unless they talk about it... What did happen with Susanna? Erectile dysfunction? Since when does he suffer from that? He probably had to many things in his mind. He was tired, that's all and with everything that happened during the evening. He fell asleep...

The next day, Tery was expecting to get a kick from Junior to wake him up, and he was surprised to find himself alone in the big bed. Candy was already awake, showed and dressed, She was in the kitchen having breakfast. Terry decided to stay longer in bed so that when he got downstairs, she would be gone...

"This is ridiculous! I'm afraid of my own wife!" He said to himself.

oOoOoOoOoOo

Candy was in her office looking at her cellphone. A well intentioned person had sent her a picture of Terry and Susanna having dinner at the restaurant last night. He told her he was working late... Why did he lie? She was married for 5 minutes and her husband was already cheating on her? She had probably beat the record of the shortest marriage? Maybe not. There were celebrities whose marriage lasted 55 hours... She knew he was forced into this marriage, but he wanted their child didn't he? Should she threatened to leave? No, she was not going to black mail him. She was not going to let that goose steal her husband! She didn't even consume her marriage! If her father find out he would get her marriage annulled. But it was her life! Her marriage! She had to save it! But how? Her husband wasn't touching her, he was having dinner with that, that goose! She didn't want to cry, but she had to talk to her husband at all cost. She couldn't concentrate on her work. She wanted to go out, but she didn't know where to go, she had an appointment at the hospital for an ultra sound in the afternoon and it wasn't even lunch time yet, but she took her purse and she got out. She went to a pub and she ordered a giant hot dog she ate with appetite.

- Junior, you don't care about my worries, don't you? Said Candy touching her belly, I can't wait for my next appointment for the ultra sound, so I could see you, it's in just an hour. I thought things would've been better with your father and he would've come with us... you love these giant hot dogs with mustard and sauerkraut? I love it too...

She continued eating with appetite. She had an appointment at the hospital for her ultra sound. She went to her appointment. She met her father in the hallway. She almost ran into her arms.

- Daddy! You remembered!

- Of course I remember my darling, but I thought you were going to be with your husband

- I would've called you if that were the case

- Are you all right?

- Yes, I can't wait to see Junior...

- Maybe it's a girl

- SO what? She'll be Candy Junior...

- Of course, said William laughing, or Whilemina Junior

- Or course daddy, said Candy smiling.

They went to sit in the waiting room.

- Are you sure you're fine my darling?

- Daddy, don't tell me you listen to gossip...

- You know how people love to come and tell me things...

- I want to see my baby daddy, please, let's not talk about that...

- On word, and I make you disappear and he will never see his child

- No daddy, he wants his child...

- Candy...

- I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, if he doesn't want me anymore, he's going to tell me in person... I won't take any decision without having all the facts...

- All right, its you life, your decision

Candy was looking at a magazine.