Chapter 5 , "The meeting"

Time passed... Candy was still working on her sales files to find what went wrong with the purchase of Terry's company. Her belly had grown and it was big. She was now 6 months pregnant. Terry hadn't called her, so she didn't get the opportunity to tell him the news of his paternity. She was with her at Annie's.

- How's Archie?

- Well we don't talk about you and Terry...

- What about when Terry comes over?

- I see that he wants to ask me something, but doesn't say anything..., said Annie

- He knows that all he has to do is give me a call, said Candy

- He's holding a grudge... What about the good doctor?

- My good doctor is only a friend...

- He could be more?

- Not as long that I have Terry's child inside of me... despite...

- Despite...?

- Despite the fact that I'm dying to make love!

- What?!

- It's a pregnant woman thingy, our libido goes up like you have no idea and it literally itches!

- Oh my God! Said Annie bursting out laughing

- I would laugh if it wasn't so frustrating!

- The good doctor could take care of you, temporarly...

- Temporarly? Are you out of your mind? I'm not going to temporarly sleep with a man I don't love just to scratch my itch! I love Terry and it's Terry's miracle!

- And Terry has to take care of it, but he doesn't care because he doesn't know you' ve got a bun in your oven! You're making yourself suffer for nothing! Tell him!

- No! And you're not going to tell him either! You hear me?!

- Far away from me the idea of meddling in your business!

- I know it's hard sweetie... Thank you..., said Candy hugging her

- Candy, all you have to do is tell him...

- He's angry againstme and my father, otherwise, he would've called me... so calling him is not going to fix my situation if he's still angry...

- But if you had done the first step...

- With "ifs" we'd put Rome in a bottle...

- Call your doctor, then...

- No way!

- Candy...

- I'll call him to talk, not to tell him to come and scratch my itch...

Annie's cellphone rang...

- It's Archie, she said getting out of the room

Candy took advantage of that moment to call the good doctor.

- Candy?

- Good evening doctor...

- Good evening. Are you all right?

- Yes...

- And the baby?

- Yes, the baby's fine

- Do you need something?

- Yes, no...

- Is it yes or no?

- I need to talk...

- I'm listening...

- My ... libido...

- Oh... you need a man

- I'm not asking you for anything Michael, I just want to talk

- I would've been too lucky...

- Michael!

- I know, it's not your kind of thing Candy

- I can't imagine giving myself to another man...

- You should talk to him...

- That's what Annie says...

- She's right...

- I'm going to think about it. Thanks Michael...

- You're welcome, Candy.

- Goodbye doctor.

Candy hung up but she didn't call Terry. She wasn't going to call him. She made the first step it was up to him to do the next one...

oOoOoOoOoOo

Terry on his side was able to find proofs that the Andrew company conned him out of his. He went to see his lawyer and best friend at his office.

- Let's go see Andrew... He has to sell me my company, for the cheap price you bought it!

- And he had better agree, I still have the money from the sale with me, since you refused to touch it..., said Archie.

They both went to Andrew Entreprises, which was downtown Chicago in a very luxury building. They got to the floor where the big boss' office was, Candy's father. They had to wait for a while, since they didn't have an appointment...

oOoOoOoOoOo

Candy was with her father in his office. She was holding her belly...

- Are you all right my darling?

- The baby is moving daddy, said Candy with a big smile

She approached him and took his hand and put it on her belly. The baby moved and her father smiled.

- There's my grandson...

- Maybe it's a girl daddy...

- Or my granddaughter... well if it's a girl, she's going to be a soccer player!

- I can't wait to see the baby...

- You still won't tell me who did that to you? I can force that bastard to take his responsabilities...

- Daddy, there is now way you're going to do anything like that... I can take care of my baby alone... it's grandfather is going spoil him and his great grandmother too...

- You're not going to tell me his name>

Candy didn't want her father to feel guilty for her break up with Terry, and she could take care of the baby, all by herself, like a big girl.

- No daddy, I won't tell you his name... so stop asking, all right?

- All right, my darling...

- I'm going to go get lunch...

- Very well sweetie, my appointment book is full today...

- Here are the results of the investigation, she said giving him the file.

Candy got out to go get their lunch. She could ask someone to do it, only she had very specific cravings...