Chapter 3 , "An unexpected development"

Candy was depressed after Terry's departure. He wasn't coming to the community kitchen anymore, or he would come when she wasn't there. But according to the other volunteers, Terry wasn't coming at all. Candy didn't want to talk to her father about what happened with Terry. She didn't want her father to be saddened. and it was her problem,it wasn't her father's... And her father wasn't a bad man. If he bought the Grandchester's family, that meant it was for sale, but the business world was ruthless. Scheeming? Her father maybe had done some but there must be a plausible explanation.

She called Annie in tears.

- Candy? What's going on?

- Oh Annie, said Candy sobbing

- Candy? I'm on my way...

Annie hung up the phone and she ran to her friend's house. She rang at her door and Candy opened, she was still crying. She fell into Annie's arms sobbing louder.

- Oh sweetie, what's going on? Everything is going to be fine. Tell me what's wrong, it can't be that bad...

They walked together to the living room and they sat on the couch and Candy was still crying in Annie's arms who was giving her Kleenex from a box that was on a coffee table next to the couch. Candy told her what happened...

- He refused to listen to you?

- He was very angry...

- Candy, he just dumped you... stop defending him...

- Annie you're not helping...

- You should ask your father what happened...

- No, I don't want to bring him in this story

- He's already in the story...

- I don't want to get upset with him...

- But if he's guilty...

- I want to find out what happened first before I accuse him

- You love him a lot, don't you?

- He's my family...

- You can have a family with Terry...

- He just dumped me, and I don't want to beg him! He can go to hell! I should've stayed in my corner and not talk to him
...
- Candy, life is made of risks... who risks nothing, gets nothing.

- I risked and in the end, I still got nothing...

- You'll get over it...

- Yes and I'm going to forget Romeo...

- And Juliet... you've redone the story, with families enemies

- Romeo and Juliet loved each other...

- And you don't love Terry?

- I do, I love him like crazy... but he doesn't love me... je just wanted a roll in the hay...

- Then, he ran out of here...

- You say that like he was looking for a way to run away...

- Men are so stupid some times

- Well, I don't want stupid men! He can go to hell!

- Everything is going to be fine Candy, you'll see...

oOoOoOoOoOo

Terry arrived at Archie's in rage. He was ringing like a nutcase... Archie got out of his bed with difficulty to go open the door. He was wearing shorts.

- Are you out of your mind! Why are you ringing like a nutcase?

- I want to come in, said Terry getting in

Archie moved from the door.

- Make yourself at home...

Terry came in with big steps. He went to the bar and he poured himself a glass of Scotch.

- This early in the morning? What the heck is going on dude?

- I just came from Candy's...

- This early in the morning?

- Don't you have anything else to day? Said Terry drinking his glass with one shot.

- You spent the night with Candy...

- That's why I was at her place so early in the morning, like you were saying...

- What happened for you to barge in here in rage... it wasn't good? You couldn't perform?

Terry gave him the look.

- What? I'm trying got understand your anger...

- My performance has nothing to do with my anger... I have missed with a girl and you know it...

- All right Mr. Arrogant, so tell me why showed up at my door ringing like a nutcase, so early in the morning...

- I saw a picture on Candy's fridge

- And...?

- She was with William Andrew...

- She dated him?

- Worst, she's his daughter...

- Oh my God! But her name?

- She didn't give me Andrew as her last name...

- Oh my God Romeo... your Juliet is really Juliet, your families are enemies...

- Be careful what you wish for...

- This is really the case to say it... what did she say?

- I don't know...

- You didn't ask her for explanations?

- No, I was so angry I stormed out of there...

- What? But you'd just made love, you could've asked her for explanations!

- She's William Andrew's daughter! She must be in on it with her father! No scruples! She could've seduced me to make fun of me...

- Terry sometimes you surprise me with your stupid reasoning! Candyloves you and you love her too!

- She's William Andrew's daughter, I'm going to stop loving her...

- Those things don't work like that...

- Well it's going to work for me! I'm going to stop loving her! Said Terry angry

- All right dude... don't yell at me...

- Sorry dude

- What are you going to do now?

- I want to find proof that the sale of my company was illegal and I want to buy it back...

- That's not going to be easy, but we can do it... I still have the money you got from the sale...

- Good...

- What about Candy?

- What about Candy?

- You don't want to talk to her?

- I don't want to see her ever again...

- We'll talk about it later..., said Archie, now, I'm going to go back to bed. You can stay here and calm yourself down...

Archie went back to his room. Terry, had a headache, because he was so angry. Candy had played him, she was William Andrew's daughter! The man he hated more than anything in the world...