Chapter 2, "...and Juliet"

Terry wa thinking about his meeting at the community kitchen with Candy. He really didn't need to go to the community kitchen, but that one was created by his grandfather, he was going there in his honour. He ate there but he also helped out with the clean-up. The theatre, he liked it a lot. He wished he could do it full time, but the family business needed him... He thought about Candy, about her freckles, her wavy blond hair and her beautiful smile. She was so warm; she made him want to go to the community kitchen every day. But he didn't see her every day, she came two days a week only. She was adorable, should he hit on her? How long has it been since he's been with a woman? Ever since he broke up with his fiancée when his business when awry? She wanted to stay with him, but knowing her, he refused, he broke up with her and she didn't insist. Then he was too preoccupied by his life and how it turned up, that he wasn't thinking about the opposite sex, until Candy... He shouldn't trivialise it, but he didn't want to rush either. He could've seduced her, like he told his friend... but he will get another shot at her...

Candy was a the community kitchen that evening and she saw Terry and she went to sit by his side to say hi.

- Good evening Romeo, she said smiling

- Good evening Miss Freckles

- My name is Candy White

- And I'm Terrence Graham Baker... my friends call me Terry...

- Pleased to meet you, she sais smiling. I'm going to go to the kitchen. See you later...

Terry stayed there and looked at her go. He felt so good with her, he wanted her to stay by his side so he decided to go to the kitchen and help out...

- You don't have to, she said smiling

- We always need a little helping hand...

- As a matter of fact...

They continued talking and they also ate together. At the end they were ready to leave together.

- My friend is coming to pick me up for a drink, you want to come with us?

They were at the door and Annie was waiting for Candy.

- Oh Annie! This is Terry... Terry let me introduce you to my best friend, Annie.

- Romeo? Said Annie smiling, you look even better in person. Pleased to meetyou.

Terry blushed smiling.

- Pleased to meet you, he said.

- I was asking just asking Terry if he would like to come with us to have a drink...

- Oh yes! Say yes! Pleaded Annie

- I'd like to, but I also have to meet a friend at his place for a drink...

- Oh, said Candy disappointed

- Why don't you two come with me? Asked Terry

- At your friend's? Annie asked, it's not going to bother him?

- That I show up at his place with two beautiful women? He's going to be glad! Said Terry smiling

- Very well then, said Candy, let's go!

Annie followed them with hesitation. After all, they didn't know Terry.

- I don't have my car, Annie...

- I don't have my car either, said Terry

- I have my car, said Annie, let's go!

Terry showed Annie the way and they quickly got to his friend's building. They took the elevator and they got to Archie's floor and they rang the door. Archie opened and he smiled when he saw his friend with two beautiful girls.

- What do we have here? Terry with two girls...

- Archie, this is Candy and Annie

- Pleased to meet you, said Archie smiling

- Pleased to meet you, said Candy and Annie at the same time

Archie's apartment was big, luxurious and well decorated.

- You're apartment is beautiful, said Annie to Archie

- Thank you , my beautiful lady. But it's not as beautiful as you...

Annie burst out laughing blushing at the compliment.

- Please have a seat, said Archie

- Thank you, said Candy and Annie

There was a bar in the living room and Archie went behind to play the barman.

- Ladies, what do I serve you? He asked

- Plain water, said Candy

- A Martini, said Annie

- A fruit juice, said Terry

- Well, my pretty lady, said Archie, looks like we're the only ones having booze tonignt! We have that in common...

- Indeed, said Annie smiling

Archie continued flirting with Annie. Candy was looking at her friend, so at her ease. Terry looked at her.

- Why are you looking at me like that Romeo?

- Because I like your freckles, Juliet...

Candy burst out laughing. She felt good with Terry. He started flirting with her too...

From that moment on, the quartet became inseparable; the would go to the movies together, the restaurant, they would even go to the community kitchen and helped out with the needy. But sometimes, Annie and Archie rather be along so they would leave Candy and Terry, on their own.