A Dog?

I was currently on top of a lamppost looking around to find this new spotted Symbiote that the guys apparently sensed.

"You sure it's another one?" I said making sure

"Yeah, I'm telling you there is" Venom says

"I can't seem to find it"

I look around the area and end up at this kind of dark ally.  As I looked, I saw a bunch of people running and it looked like they were cornering something.

"That looks promising" Carnage says

"You got that right" I say as we silently sneaked our way and looked at what was happening from above.

It looked like a gang of thugs with some high tech but the thing they cornered was a... dog?

"This makes no sense what so ever" I said

I send off a little bit of Venom down so we could hear what they were saying.

"You sure it's in there?" The guy said

"I'm telling you boss it's in there.  Once we have that, we'll be unstoppable" another said

"What in the world are they talking about" I said confused

"Wait, I think I know the situation" Carnage says

"What?" I asked

"Look for yourself" he said as I looked back.

The guys started to shoot sonic blasts and attacked the dog.  But then, the dog changed into some kind of killing machine and started to lash out and took out the guys attacking him.  Unfortunately, he got shot by the boss' sonic gun and he grew weak and I could tell what was happening.  I leap down and tap the guy's shoulder.  He looks back and I give him a very fearful smile and a wave as I punched him in the face knocking him out.  I look over at the dog and see a puddle of what seemed to be a Symbiote.  I quickly go over to it but the dog seemed very injured and weak.

"Why can't the Symbiote heal him?" I said in a panic.

"He's too weak right now" Carnage said

"And he is very old for his age so it might be a good idea for him to Rest In Peace"

"We can't just let it die?" I shouted

"Well we can't bond with it cause it's took weak" Venom said

In a panic I get out a test tube and use a vacuum mechanism I made and scooped up the new Symbiote and took the dog and swung to the nearest vet I could find.

The people who worked there were rather surprised because it essentially everyday that you see Venom come bursting in a vet with a hurt dog.  I literally begged the guy to give it some aid but I probably sounded scary as hell to the doctor.  Probably the reason why he was constantly shivering and rushed straight in with the dog.  I sat down on one of the chairs, still in Venom, and sat there thinking about the following outcome as I  twiddled with my thumbs.

"Uh... Sir?  We're done treating the dog?" The veterinarian said

I head over to him and take a look at him.  We looked as happy as he'd ever be without a care in the world.

I thank the veterinarian and leave and take the dog someplace else.  I take him to an hidden alley way and checked to see if it had a collar.  It was a bit rusty and the only word I could read was "Mercury".

"Is the dog's name Mercury?" I asked

"Possibly" Venom said popping out of my body.

"Is it wrong to say that I killed a team with the name Mercury from the Life Foundation a long time ago?" Carnage said as we stare at him

"Couldn't you have not killed them?" I said

"What? It's what I did for a living" Carnage answered

"We need to fix that" I shake my head

We take the dog to a shelter and I return back on top of a high building.  I take out the test tube containing the Symbiote inside of it and inspected it.

"Wonder where this came from" I said

"Well it's actually from me" Venom says

"What do you mean?" I asked

"The ones we just found are basically my children but they were forced out of me" I look at Venom

"Did you just say ones?" I asked Venom

"Yeah"

"So your telling my that this single tentacle is more than just one?"

"Well it was originally four but they had and incident and they formed into one in order to survive" Carnage explained

"Anything else you want to say?" I said

"I might've be the reason that the incident happened..."

"We really need to fix that side of you"

I examine the creature inside the test tube once again and it was pretty obvious what I was going to do.

"I hope this works" I said as I opened the test tube.

The Symbiote immediately started to make its way and wrap around my body

I felt the pain as I was letting in another one of these things as I also felt it's emotions. It was mostly filled with anger but it was scared for the most part. I screamed in agony as I bent down on my knees as I was my reflection on a puddle of rain water.

The one difference I noticed was...

I was more colorful.

A/N
Can anyone guys what the Symbiote is?