The Thing

"I hate school food" I say picking something in his food tray with a spoon. 

"You said it" says Nick (Nicholas). 

"Did any of you guys study for the test?" Nicole asks. 

"What test?" I says confused. 

"The math test that Mr. Ray said we were gonna do today" Nicole says. 

"Aw come on!  How come I forgot about that!" Nick and I say

Nick and Nicole kept talking about the test when something takes my attention.  On the TV Spiderman was fighting Venom head to head.  It was an insane battle and Spiderman ended up scattering up the Venom symbiote with his tazer web shooters.  Then the police helped the person who was being used for the host the symbiote. I was a huge Spiderman fan and he loved what he did. 

'Only if I could do stuff like that' I say thinking to myself. 

"Yo Mark" Nick says hitting him in the back. 

"Ye-yeah?" I say. 

"You blanked out again" Nicole says. 

"Let's head back to class" Nick says lifting his tray.

School ended and I departed with my friends and headed home with my hands on the back of my head.  While listening to music I thought about the epic battle earlier today.  I wasn't paying attention (again) and almost hit my body on a stop sign.  I open the door and say

"Mom! I'm home!" My mom comes over and greets me. 

I get to my room and toss my bag on my bed.  My mom brought me a glass of milk and two sandwiches.  I thank her and start my homework.  I guess I wasn't paying attention to the time because by the time I was done it was pitch black.  I put my homework back into my bag and changed into my pajamas. I jump into my bed and let sleep take over.

Around like 1 at midnight I heard a knocking on my window that woke me up. I got over and cleared the curtains to see nothing but darkness.

"Guess it was a bird or something" I say to myself closing the curtains.

But the I see that the darkness started to move. I stare at it to only see that it was squeezing through the window. I jumped back in fright. The thing came into my room and it looked like a blob of goo. I was confused so I walked closer to it.

"Guess someone tried to prank me" I say going to pick up the blob of goo to put it in the trash.

As I touch it, the goo started to swirl around me covering my body. I was soon covered in what I think was supposed to me the Venom symbiote. I opened my eyes and I was in this dark place. Then I heard a voice.

"Hello human" the voice says.

"Are you trying to take over my body?" I asked

"Yup" he says.

"And you are going to be my new host"

"Am I going. To be one of those host that can't control you and you take over my body and then start attacking Spiderman again?" I say.

"Exactly" he says in a laughing voice.

"What happens if I could control you" I say.

"I actually don't know, it never happened to me" he says.

"Were you always evil" I ask

"No" he says.

For some strange reason, the Venom symbiote didn't sound so bad.

"Can we have a little talk? With you off my body" the symbiote agrees and starts to come off my body.

We were now technically face to face.

"So what exactly are you?" I say.

"I'm a creature called a Klyntar. We are creatures who make guardians" he says.

"But you don't seem like your making guardians" I say to him.

"It looked like you were creating villains"

"The reason I was being violent and destructive is because my host corrupted me."

"Corrupt you?" I ask confused.

"We Klyntar bond with our host and help them. My main goal was to find a worthy host and protect it"

"I see" "All the host I have had were all dark minded and so was I... I guess."

"Why did you come here?" I ask.

"Didn't you see the fight in TV? I was gonna die there" he says.

"But didn't you just bond with me a second ago and tell me I was your new host?"

"...Crap" he says.

"Are you going to take over my body?" I ask.

"I dunno" he says.

"Your the first nice person I've met so far."

"Let's be friends" I say randomly.

"What?" He says.

"I mean like, since I'm your new host we have to stick together and we have to basically live together now."

"Sure" he says.

I search my room for a cage or a bowl and I put it in front of him for him to sleep in.

"I'm not sleeping in there" he says.

"Why not?" I ask.

He chuckles and says

"I have my own way"

He crawls back onto my body and turns my pajamas into black.

"Good night" he says telepathically in my mind.

I lie down on my bed and go to sleep. I still don't get what the hell just but I'm pretty happy about it though.