The Saddest Day

It's been a week or two since the battle with Bullseye and I've been living my normal life as a teenager and going out in town at night.

*BRERING~*

"Schools over and I think I'm gonna get a hamburger. Care to join me?" Nick asks.

"I'm up for it. What about you Nicole?" I say.

"I'll go if you pay" she says.

Nick acts like he didn't hear a thing she said and started to go.

"I'm just kidding Nick" Nicole says.

Nick stops and turns back around

"I thought you were serious"

Nicole roles her eyes and we head to the hamburger place with a big M for it's logo. After our burger meal, we went to a cafe to chat and get the rest of our homework done.

"Dang, how do you solve this question" I say.

"Your asking me? How the fuck should I know" Nick says.

"I honestly don't get how you two manage to get good grades" Nicole says.

She explains how the problem and Nick and I both realized it was really easy.

"Well I guess you could say it's all thanks to you" I say.

"Yeah, we would be lost without you" Nick says as he finishes his last problem.

I reach out for my smoothie I ordered and took a sip.

"This is pretty good" I say.

"Guys look" Nicole says pointing at the TV in the cafe.

I look over to see what it was. My mouth fell wide open as I drop my smoothie. Everyone in the cafe was looking at the TV because apparently a house was partly blown up and was on fire. But the thing that surprised me the most was

"... Avenue, that's... it can't be... no" I say slowly as my voice goes quieter after every word.

It was my house.

My friends look at me in my dreadful teary eyes. My friends tried not to say a thing and I tried not to cry. But then, I saw some people carry a body into an ambulance. At the that moment I started to panic. Instead of crying, I bursted out of the cafe and headed for the hospital the ambulance was going. I was so shocked that I didn't even know if crying or screaming in sorrow because the only thing I could think of was saving my mother. My mother was the only person I had left because my father died not so long ago in a murder.

"Marcus!" My friends shout to be.

"Wait up!" Nick says.

I couldn't help myself and I ignore them as I make it to the hospital. Ironically, right as I arrived the ambulance also came just in time. They took my mother's body and put her on a mobile bed as doctors and nurses came to her aid. They headed straight to the surgery room. I shouted out to her but she didn't answer. I attempted to run over to her but I was blocked by some doctors.

"Let me through!" I shout.

"I'm sorry kid but you can't interfere with the surgery" the doctor says.

I stare at my mother who was a mile away from the surgery room. As I attempted to struggle free, I stopped. My mother lifted her hand and made a stop sign with her hand and mouthed

"I love you"

Then the doors shut and I was powerless to do anything.

And that was the last time I ever saw my mother. I waited outside of the room until dusk and I got the worst news I could get. I forcefully stomp down on a burnt wooden plank as I gazed up at what was left of my house. I stepped in where the door should be and enter where the living room once was. I walked around the old house but then I see something unusual. On the bottom of one of my backpack was one of Bullseye's cards. There was also some writing on it. It read

"So you thought that you could just get away with me? Well to bad because I'm already out of jail and back in business. And I hope you like my present, it was nothing special"

In frustration I rip the card up and curl up like a ball.

"This is all my fault" I say.

"Don't take it too hard kid" Venom says.

"If your going to be a hero your going to have to deal with stuff like this" Carnage says.

With tears still flowing through my eyes I remembered what Spiderman has said. I grip down on the floor and feel the small pebbles and ashes and make an oath.

"Something like this will never ever happen again as long as I'm Symbiote" I say.

I scrape my thumb and imprint my fingerprint with blood on an leftover plank. The scrape on my thumb almost healed immediately with the regeneration healing factor of the Symbiote. I open my old drawer and found a black hoodie and a pair of jeans. I put them on and walked back into the city with my next mission being avenging my mother's death.