❀ ❀ ❀ 

 ❀ ❀ ❀   

I placed the last triangle shaped kimbap at the shelf. I looked at my wristwatch and it read, 10:50 PM. My shift will end in ten minutes... waaah, I'm excited to sleep already. It's what I've been looking forward to the entire day. 

I worked as a part-time at a 24-hour convenient store called 'Quickie', which sounded really kinky and inappropriate, when you read it out loud. Like, you can't go out and say to your friend, 'Hey, let's go out for a Quickie' because it may sound really weird. 

I entered the pantry and saw Yumi, my colleague, crying as she tapped on her phone. I became to worry, so I instantly made my way to her. 

"Is everything okay?" I quietly asked.

She looked up at me, completely in panic. "My... my mom is in the hospital. My sister told me, she collapses and I don't know what to do." She explained. "Miya, please fill in for me. I really need to go see her." 

I pursed my lips as I contemplate whether saying yes, and be totally high with no sleep tomorrow, or say no, and let her look at me like a total bad person with no consideration just for a fact that I don't feel the same way she's feeling because I don't have a mom to begin with.

"Sure." I gave her a sympathetic smile.

I don't want to be the bad guy. And I don't want to regret for refusing her small favor. Besides, she had been a nice colleague. Though, we're not that close since we have different shifts, but still... She thanked me a couple of times before heading towards the door and left. I stood behind the counter again as I sighed. 

I guess, I'll be staying up all night then.

An hour had passed and no one entered the store yet. It was late, why am I expecting a lot of costumer would come at this hour?

I stopped moping the floor and stared outside. There hadn't much cars passing by as well.

Somehow the ambiance brought solitude in my heart. Who would've thought that watching cars passing by at night, with a couple of people quietly walked down the streets and some street lights beamed at the roadway, would look so peaceful... I let my heart be devoured by the wonders of night time.

I was startled when I felt my phone vibrated. I picked my phone on my pocket and read the message that I received from Jimin.

From: Min Jimin
U asleep?

To: Min Jimin