Ch.4 - Changing Situations

It had become quite apparent that morning that you were off. Whether it was from lack of sleep, or anything similar was the question everyone seemed to silently wonder. You had not only walked into a closed door but almost set off the fire alarm during chemistry that morning.

But now as your day shifted to your lab and inventing portion, you were quickly ushered up from the silent and nearly asleep formation you had taken on the desk. Hatsume pulled harshly and you followed like a duckling.

She had been quiet since the both of you walked to class together that morning. Hatsume had learned the signs of your quirk fairly well, but this was different. Usually, you were grumpy and wanted nothing to do with anyone until a few hours after waking up.

But today, you seemed to be drained of more than just a friendly attitude. You looked like you had been majorly beaten up internally and mentally, as shown by your lack of actions and lack of any real ability to function.

So drawn into your own little world of exhaustion, you didn't even notice when she stopped walking and let you regain your stance. Her grip left you and she worriedly glanced at you, pink locks blowing slightly in the light breeze.

"You look terrible," Hatsume muttered, finally allowing you to rest from her stern grip.

She had brought you up to the rooftop, the last place you currently wanted to be. She waited patiently as you shuffled away from her, crouching under the shade of flowers: gentian, larch, hepatica, cassia, cardinal, and lagerstroemia. All in full bloom, not even a storm would ruin their beautiful radiance.

"Just another bad dream I guess."

Hatsume nodded, coming closer to you until she crouched down beside you and gazed on at the small garden you had created up here. A few flowering trees with more blooming plants scattered across the usually dull and devoid rooftop.

Hatsume hesitantly touched your back, her form trying to be gentle but it was not one of her strong suits. Nevertheless, you appreciated her efforts to bring comfort to you. You must've really looked like a wreck if she stopped working to help you out.

Hatsume was a good friend, that was for sure, but she did care about her work and 'babies' first and foremost. And you never really minded coming in second, but at a time like this, you were grateful that she would be willing to cut you some slack for a moment's rest.

"Do you wanna talk about it? This is the second one in the last two weeks..." She sat down and leaned against the wooden bed, looking down at you who had laid completely flat on the floor.

"That's the issue though..." You muttered, looking at Hatsume. "...I'm having a lot of trouble remembering what exactly made this vision so much worse than the others."

"Well start with anything you know."

"It was a normal day- erm, at least it started out as a normal day. Then the school came under attack? No... someone or something got into the school. You and I were together, but then we got separated I think.

I ended up on the roof again... with some others."

"Do you remember who else it was? Maybe you should avoid them... just to lessen the risk of it happening again."

"I can't remember their names- but they were in the hero course I think."

"Well, that narrows it down to at least 40 people..."

"Six of them... boys..."

"Anything else?"

"I fell off the roof... and they attempted to catch me..."