Ch.1- Lucidity

Ch.1- Lucidity

(AN- Anyone spoiling the story at any part will have their comment deleted. Spoiling the story for other's isn't cool, and it's kinda upsetting to have to address this in the first place since it's started to appear in this book as of late. Reading the story and finding out the reveals yourself provides a much more enjoyable experience. So please don't ruin the story or the fun of reading for yourself and others by spoiling. Enjoy the read every one.)

"It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it, and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one."

― George Harrison

Cascading downwards onto the open and nearly barren roof was a single small dot of pink, the freed petal of the nearby sakura trees having castaway its flowers due to the time of year that was once again here.

The single petal of pink landed near the chain link face on the rooftop of the only institute, Yuuei Academy. As the breeze had carried it over and above its original starting point, it would seem like this chipped and dull concrete ceiling would be the ending point of its journey.

The petal would fade away into nothingness, as that was what the cycle called for. A flower bloomed, split and died. Simple as that.

Humans, however, were much more complicated. Human lives tended to have many different paths and turns, some ended quickly while others lived out long peaceful days. Some even beat their ending time and time again, despite how stacked against them the odds were.

Life to a human and what its meaning could be was much more complicated and opinionated than a flower could ever be.

However, that does not always mean a flower and a human perish in the same way. Sometimes, the luck of the draw calls for the flower to live another day while the human dies. Sometimes humans make decisions that will cost them their lives, and sometimes these decisions to end their life were made with full consent.

As the petal kicked up and blew off into the light breeze again, it had briefly swept by and flown past a single figure perched on the edge of the chain link fence. The noise of it all had begun to fade from their mind as they watched it all occur.

The screams of those who did not find a good place to go or hide. The sounds of quirks going off and the school slowly crumbling down from the damage. And on top of that the almost metallic and beastial noise of the grim monsters that had gotten in.

The single figure perched on the edge of the building was only held by a single white-knuckled grip, their first leg off and dangling towards the drop, the wind dancing and pulling at them to join in on the fun.

Her hair blew in the breeze, the strands having fallen out of line and now whipping the skin and eyes as she absentmindedly gazed toward the skyline. She didn't know how much longer things would last for her, nor did she know how they had become this hostile in the first place.

But they had... and now only a handful of students remained. She didn't know their names, their faces, yes, since they were the rising stars of the hero course, but she was never one to really get attached or idolize those who were her own peers.

Their voices argued and chattered, some much louder and hostile than others, others much calmer and quiet. The banging on the door and the chipping of the ice covering it was the only noise currently challenging their arguments.

It was almost rhythmic: a bang happening every two seconds and every second afterward the shield of ice would further crack and chip. The beat was nice and strangely comforting, making it calm for her to stand so close to the edge of more than just the building.