Author's Note and Reader's Vote

Hello! I will have two sections in this 'chapter' if you want to call it like that. A section is going to be all about me talking about how I created my characters! The other section will be, you giving out opinions and votes! You don't have to participate but it will be much appreciated! You can skip my Author's Note and just jump into 'Reader's Vote' part if you'd like!

-Author's Note-

  Aera: A girl who she thought that everything was perfect until things went a turn in her life. She suffered from insecurity, trust issues, and anxiety. Her life turned completely opposite from 'perfect' and happy to agony and troublesome. 

Haneul was the first person she sincerely trusts after he tried so hard in just getting close to her. Ryan, Jin, and Wu were the second to last. Obviously, Min Jae, it took a long time but not as long as it took Haneul to get close to her. That's because she knew she either had to take a risk in trusting her and things could've ended well or not take the risk and maybe missed a good side in life by trusting again to someone who had broken it at the first place. It's a beautiful relationship that Aera and Min Jae had when they passed those stages in life.

  Life made her go through very hard obstacles but it was to bound to happen in any way. Hardships and hard obstacles will always be there either waiting for us or we already went through. It's all part of life. People just manage it differently and always think they are alone. The truth is, you don't have to be. You just need to take the risk to open your heart once again. That's what Aera chose to do and ended with a very happy life but still, at a young age, hardships are bound to happen in the near future. It shows that even though those horrible times, there is still light at the end of the tunnel.

  Ryan: Even if he wasn't one of the main characters he still mentioned throughout the book. Many people may know someone who was or is on drugs or have a sort of addiction that is not very good. Ryan was in one of those cases. He was forced to move to Korea to get away from the bad influences. He tried leaving it behind once he set foot in Korea and tried to live a happy life just like his mother would like him to.

  As you know, Ryan tried to go back to his ways once a hard time passed through him. He tried very hard to build bonds and earning people's trust. Because of his past, it was hard to.

  He knew that Aera's trust was his precious gem. Once he thought he had lost that, he wanted to get rid of a feeling by using drugs.          Luckily, Haneul showed up to make him see that using drugs as his way to 'escape reality' isn't the best solution. He realized that Haneul trusted in him as well he trusted in Haneul.

  He had missed the attention of loving parents that were always busy. His dad went through a divorce and married someone else. Who's his step-mother didn't like him because he wasn't blood-related to her. Min Jae on the other hand, never cared for such things. Min Jae was able to make that connection with him and gave him 'motherly attention'.

People have different ways to manage their hardships and Ryan just had to realize that using drugs wasn't the best way. Even if he wasn't mentioned much nor his past, he still went through a lot just like Aera.

  Haneul: He never really went through something very traumatic in compare with Aera and Ryan. But he did lose trust in people who approached him, especially girls. Min Jae broke his trust and hurt him twice. Betrayal would pop in his head every time a girl would try to make a move. When he noticed that Aera looked a lot like himself he decided to approach her and helped Aera. He slowly noticed that not all girls are the same nor have the same intention.

Ever since he was little he would miss his parents when they went on business trips. When he moved into Wu's neighborhood, his parents were kind enough to welcome them as good neighbors. Haneul's parents would leave him at Wu's house from hours to weeks. He was very lonely and Wu at that age didn't really quite understand that.