Chapter 40- Eumoirous Friend

Some people change for the better, others, for worse.

—••—

~•Aera p.o.v•~

-couple weeks later-

I found myself looking at everyone on the cold dirty ground as I spit out some water. I couldn't listen very well but I could hear the stream very near me. Everyone's faces had a mixed expression of worry and fright. Once I coughed, everyone seemed to be relieved. The sunset gave us the last bit of light that was going to shine that day. A campfire was set near us.

"Are you ok?" My brother came near me and patted my back as I kept coughing out water.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I wiped my mouth and turned over to see Min Jae with a sympathetic smile. She was the last person I saw before I drowned.

"At least I know what type of person you are now." Everyone's faces turned a shade whiter after hearing my threatening voice.

-couple hours ago-

"I can't believe we ended up going to this place. It's all dirty! Fishes had already pooped and peed here! My pool is much cleaner!" I heard Wu whine and stomp on the ground. I looked over, to his disappointment.

"How would we know you haven't peed in your own pool?" Haneul raised an eyebrow and Wu's eyes widened in embarrassment.

"W-well, I-I'm mature." He stuttered and we all gave him a judgmental look.

"This was the place where nature first called me. Ok? It's a special place to me." I looked over to the river where I first felt free and suffocated at the same time. Where I first realized that the life that I was given is very precious and that I should value it as well as live it as much as I can.

"Fine. Next time, we're going to my pool!" He crossed his arms and I rolled my eyes.

"Sure. Whatever. Let's relax! It's our first day of summer break anyways!" Ryan slapped the back of Wu's head making him wince.

"Where's your brother?" Haneul looked around and I started to take out my shoes.

"He grabbed the tent where I used to live and he's bringing it over here. He just wants to sleep. It's all he does anyway." I heard Haneul chuckle. I looked up to him to see him smiling at me warmly. I felt my cheeks burning.

"That smile won't change my mood. You know for a fact that I didn't want Min Jae coming over because I don't like her and you still invited her here." I looked the opposite way and he clicked his tongue.

"C'mon!" He tugged my shirt softly. "She has changed over the time, Aera. She acts like a proper older sister to Ryan and changed her friends for better ones. She even stepped down to her popular group to hang out with us! Just give her a chance!" He looked over to Min Jae who was helping to carry the snacks for us to eat.

"I can't. Last time I tried giving her a chance—I ended up smelling like fruit punch! I have my reasons, Haneul! She can be acting for all I know! She's known for that." We ended up shout whispering between us, we didn't realize that Ryan and Wu were watching us the whole time.