Chapter 10- Mendacious Rumors

Light will shine in one's life in its darkest times. One's life can be rough but it has its good times.

—••—

~•Aera p.o.v•~

  I felt a comforting warmth wake me up, the morning light could be felt through the thin fabric. I rubbed my eyelids as I yawned. I looked around the small tent, my eyes watered. I could feel my puffy eyes. I let some tears out, I really had wished that all of that was just a nightmare. I feared that it was just the beginning of a nightmare and it will continue.

I looked at my device and it showed 6:30 am. A sigh escaped my chapped lips. I looked around the tent to find the same books on its place and the blanket that warmed me up on the dark, and cold night. For some reason, my school bag was still beside me. All my notebooks were in there and my books. I think I was too caught with my feelings, I didn't know I still had my bag.

It's your fault. You have been banished by your own father! Your mother probably holds a big disappointment in her heart because you were being so weak.

"I tried my best in defending her...I really did."

You didn't cause any good. Just because you stepped in, you made things worse. Stop trying, it doesn't get you anywhere. You make things worse. You make people's life miserable.

  I stood up and unzipped my little door, showing beautiful wonders beyond the silky door. I stepped out of the tent and looked around, it's surrounded by nature, the smell of trees and plants reached my sensible nose as I inhaled this natural air. I decided to walk around the forest I was in. I could hear a stream nearby, I could hear Mother Nature calling me from afar and I followed the singing river. I touched the water, my fingertips feeling the calm water, the transparent liquid going through my fingers.

"So this is going to be my bathtub?" I unbuttoned my school uniform and let my toes get comfortable with the temperature. I stepped in then I let my body submerge into the river, the water letting me in. I could feel my hair wander around me. I held in my breath and let darkness consume me for just some moments.

It's your fault!

  The words were floating inside my head, haunting me. Just those words suffocated me, let me fall into fear quickly. Soon, I feared the river I was in. I let it play with my mind; a risky game that I knew I would easily lose. I reached for air but it seemed so far away from me. My hand reaching for the surface. With all my might, I fought the same water that let me in and tried to suffocate me. I gasped for air and let the breeze touch my bare skin. Goosebumps traced all over my body.

"That's enough for today." I wiped the droplets covering my eyes making me unable to see clearly. I sat on the cleanest rock and let the wind dry me. Every breeze made me shake. I picked up the clothes and returned to the tent. I let the blanket cover me and warm me up.

  After battling, I decided to go to the hellhole. Something told me that I should go and stay just a little bit longer. I walked to the school, I knew the front gates wouldn't be open yet and went on the back instead. The back door was surprisingly open, I went in. I walked inside the girl's locker room and there was a huge box of lost and found, I took some clothes, more like stole them and wash them back at the river to be able to wear them comfortably at the tent. There were hand dryers and tried to dry my hair with that. It took about ten to fifteen minutes to dry most of my hair. I explored around to see if there was something useful to take back to my shelter. I found soap and girl care.

"Today is my lucky day." I exit the school and ran back to my little shelter.

  I threw the things inside the tent and organized them, in a side was the clothes and the other were my books and notebooks. I reached for the ancient-looking books and wiped off the dust.