Chapter Five: Friends with cop?

Eren's POV

"Yeah yeah very funny Arlert." I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes. I looked at my watch and realized how late it is.

"Hey... I gotta go... Marco said he'd be here by now..." I explained to Armin slowly to see if he would get scared. But to my surprise he just smiled. "Okay, see you later Eren. And thank you for being here to take care of me for the past few days. You really make me feel better." Armin explained.

"You're thanking me? You know I'm in it for myself right?" I asked. How can he be so nice? He does know I'm just here for myself... "Yeah I know you're here for yourself, but you're also here for me too." He responded.

"I mean, I'm here trying to only benefit myself. If you wasn't all smart, I wouldn't be here..." I said looking to the side, a little frustrated that he wasn't getting my point. "But in the process of helping yourself, you're helping me." Armin said and he smiled again.

"Ugh, I'm being selfish! Why can't you get that? Why do you always have to be so nice to me?" I yelled in frustration and no reason other than pure guilt.

Armin looked down at his hand and started fidgeting with his fingers. He still had a faint smile on his face as he was thinking of something. I think I went too far and made him upset... "I gotta go." I stood up to exit the room.

"In the end... isn't that what we all are doing...?" Armin spoke silently, making me stop in my tracks. "We all are just in it for ourselves right? Think about it..." Armin spoke a little louder that time.

"What makes us friends? What makes us lovers? Friends are people that make you feel good, that's all there is. We keep returning because we want to feel good. Isn't that selfish in itself? We make them happy so they can make us happy later. This is why when we talk about a future lover we say "I want..." like "I want a woman with long hair" or "I want her to be kind and true to me.""

My eyes widened about how deep he was getting into this conversation. "When we talk about our lover we don't say 'I want to give her/him-' because in the end it's about what we want. Everything has always been about what we want. We wouldn't make friends that make us feel like crap and we wouldn't love someone who hurts us. Or at least normal people... some get into abusive relationships but that is not considered 'normal'. So in a way... selfish is normal... but It can also be kind... so... thank you."

Armin's eyes met mine. I was in total shock, I thought he was a smart ass but also an air head but...

I was forced out of my thoughts by all the lights shutting off and all the machines went down. "What the hell-" I was cut off by one of the nurses screaming, "Hey! You can't be in here! Hey slow down!" And that's when I heard footsteps, loud but soft. It was getting closer and fast.

I ran back inside the room and slammed the door shut and I locked the door. I put my back on the door and I could hear Armin's breathing shake a little.

"Be calm Armin, just don't screa-" I was cut of by al loud bang and the shaking of the door. Armin started to scream. I pushed my back against the door as hard as I can to keep it from breaking.

Numerous bangs on the door and I wasn't going to be able to keep it closed forever. "Armin! Hit the 'help' button!" Armin reached over and slammed his hand against the button multiple times but nothing was happening.

"Shit, here!" I threw my phone Armin's was and he caught it. "Call the police!" I yelled, Armin just stared at me. "What are you doing? Call 911!" I yelled again. "I can't... I can't!" Armin yelled back.

"Why the hell-" my back ached as I heard the door disconnected from its screws. "Shit-" the door was pulled back and I turned around quickly, only to see the darkness of the hospital.