Chapter two: Text message

Marco's POV

I was walking back to our apartment from the grocery store. I was walking up the tiny staircase to our house door and I reached into my pocket to get my keys.

"Shit, where are my keys." I mumbled as my hands continue to scan in my pockets. "Damn I must've left them in the house."

I knocked on the door hoping Armin was inside. To my terrible luck though, it seems he wasn't.

CREEEK ~~

I heard some sounds coming from inside so I knew he was in there. It is really late outside why won't he answer the door? Is he taking a shower early?

BANG! BANG!

"Come on Armin! Open the door!" I yelled. I know Armin wouldn't leave me out here so he must've not heard me-"

"MARCO! HELP ME!" I heard Armin scream from across the door. "PLEASE!" He pleaded.

I tried to open the door but it did not work. I put down the grocery bags and backed before running lightning speed and kicking the door open.

Right after I stood up I scanned the dark house and tried to turn on the lights. This was a failure the lights is refusing to turn on! I felt a presence behind me and I turn around, all I see if the dark hall of the apartment.

"Armin?" Next thing I know a hand creeps up on my shoulder. I turn around and there was pure darkness and a shadowy figure.

It began to move and it wrapped something around my waist. I screamed to the top of my lungs for a second until my eyes were able to see good enough.

For a relief this 'shadowy figure' was Armin, and he was crying. He was wrapping his arms around my waist. "Armin.."

I tried to soothe but his grip became tighter. "Shnn stl hr." Armin whispered something in my shirt and I can't hear him. "Armin calm down, I can't hear you well let go of me."

I unravel Armin's pity little arms and bend down while still having my hands on his shoulder.

"Now, what did you say? What's going on?" I ask and Armin starts to Shake violently. "She... She's still here!" Armin looked up at me with rivers of tears.
CRASH!

I pretty sure that was the window up stairs. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the biggest knife there. I ran upstairs and saw a crashed window leading to outside. "Damn they must've got away."

I walked back downstairs and Armin had already called the police. I walk over to him ready for answers.
"Armin, are you cooled down?"

"Yeah..."

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"Well..."

This morning
Armin's POV

I was just going to get some good old pumpkin spice latte when a unknown number was calling my phone. I know I'm a little too old for stranger danger rules but I just didn't answer.

A text came in, I'm guessing from the exact same person. I returned on my phone and the text read 'Starbucks...' I texted back 'Who is this?'

'You can't hide Armin Arlert'

'Who is this?'

'Come to the nearest park and to the biggest tree and I won't kill you.'

'Wow very funny'
After that I blocked the person, it was probably someone's kids. "Armin arelert!" The Starbucks lady called, I never cared they never got my name right cause they never get anyone's name right.