Chapter 4: Dirty cops?

Armin's POV

"I'm sorry, you're not on his visitation list so you can't see him." The police officer explained.

"Is anyone on his visitation list anyway?" I asked and the tall police man looked down at some papers and shrugged. "That doesn't matter, your not on the list." He said.

I huffed, I came all the way here just to be denied access? Mmmhhhh, not if I have anything to say about it. "Can I at least talk with him, I can be supervised. I just have a few questions."

"Listen, I'll tell him you want to talk and if he decides to use up his phone time minutes, then you guys can chat. Okay?" He police man sighed.

"Thank you, that helps." I smiled. I got like twelve text from Marco asking me where I am. I unlocked my phone to look at some of the messages.
'Armin are you okay?'
'You've been out for way too long'
'It's only been a week since you've been hurt!'
'Come home, I'll pick you up'
'Where are you?'

I responded saying I was fine and was coming home in a little. Right after I text that I got a phone call. I answered it to hear a tired man on the other side.
"Is this Ray?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"Hi, my name is Armin, I'd like to ask you a few questions regarding your alleged attack from the 'killer'."

Silence grew over the phone call for a good minute. "Why? Why are you asking me this? Are you with that.. that demon?" He started to whisper. "N- no. I was attacked too and I just want answers." I explained

"You are not safe, none of us is safe." He explained hysterically. "Can you tell me what happened to you during the alleged attack.

"Listen, you are not safe. She... she's just like you. Can't be hard to find. You have to find her yourself! Those dirty cops won't help. They're in on it! All on them. Stop it, stop all of it! I made them do it... I did! You too! Dammit stop it all! Damn bastards made me seem crazy! Find them too!"

I hung up, really frightened. I stared at my phone at disbelief at all the nonsense he just spatted out. Maybe he was crazy, he probably didn't get attacked, it doesn't make sense.

I was off edge and I looked incredibly nervous. I looked up at the cop that was just minding his own business. Another cop went to him and whispered in his ear and the tall cop looked at me.

'Those dirty cops won't help, they're in on it!' What Jay said just flashed in my mind. The tall police guy came towards me. "I'm sorry but we're going to have to take you into custody." He explained while taking out his hand cuffs.

"Wha..." without time to think I started to run. I ran and nearly tripped on something but gained my balance. "Hey! Stop him!" Before I new it, 8 cops were chasing me as I ran for my rental car.

I unlocked my car and jumped in. My car didn't need the key in the ignition to start so I pushed the start button and speeded away.

I saw the police men standing there through my side Mirror. I sighed and quickly found myself on the highway.

Why did they need to put me into custody? I didn't do anything. Are the cops actually dirty? I tried stepping on the breaks a little so I could slow my speed but the breaks were being stiff.

I pressed harder but the car still wouldn't slow down. "What the hell!" I slammed on the breaks but the car was still going just as fast. I put the car into neutral drive and slowly pressed on the breaks but the car just wouldn't slow down.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I went on the side lane and pressed the emergency break panel while bracing myself, so I wouldn't slam my face onto the wheel. It didn't work. The car was still going just as fast.