Chapter 3: Stray Gods

"It would be a shame if you kill him like the previous ones." Yato purposely said to piss you off.

"Don't you dare talk about the past, Yatogami." You gave him a deadly glare which would gave anyone chills down their spine.

Yato paused and gave you a playful smirk. "Oh. My bad. You didn't want to have your new shinki know about your past, eh?"

"You bastard." You stopped and eyed him carefully.

"Are you afraid that he might turn your back against you?" He continued on mocking you.

"Hey, (y/n), what does he mean?" Riku asked you in confusion but you ignored him.

"The same goes for you, Yato. Did you stooped so low and even befriended a half ayakashi?" You pointed at Hiyori with your black katana and a wide conceited smile on your face. "Then I'd guess that you wouldn't like it if I cut that tail of hers, right?"

"You! What are you thinking?!" Yato showed a panic expression which seemed to satisfied you. "Hiyori! Run!"

"Revert, Rin!" Your shinki returned back to his human state at the mention of his name. "You know what to do, right?"

He quickly nodded and faced Hiyori. He formed his hand in a halberd shape and pointed it at her. "Restraint."

[A/N: a halberd shape is when you point your thumb, index, and middle finger at someone or something]

She stopped moving after Riku said the word and was surprised to why she cannot do so.

"(y/n), what are you thinking involving a human into these?" Yato questioned you with the same glare he was giving you earlier.

"Aren't you're the one who involved her here? Making a middle school girl into a half-ayakashi." You retorted while your shinki pulled out a pocket knife and pointed it at the young girl's neck. "You do know that cutting your ties with her would solve the problem, right? Why wouldn't you?"

"Yato, what is she saying?" Yukine asked him.

Yato gritted his teeth in frustration. "What do you want, (y/n)?" He called out his vessel's given name after you held Hiyori as a hostage.

"Yato! Aren't you going to save Hiyori?! What are you doing?!" The blonde haired boy shouted at his master.

"Shut up, Yukine! That b*tch will really kill her if she says so." He said while still looking at you.

"So you're just going to give up?!" Yukine groaned. "You good-for-nothing god!"

"Huh?! What did you say, you stupid brat?!" They continued on arguing, completely ignoring you.

You snickered at the sight of them. "Hahahahaha! You've completely changed, Yatogami! Hahaha! You even had a cute shinki talking back at you!" You clutched your stomach as you laughed while the other two stared at you dumbfounded. "I'm just fooling you! I never planned on killing that young girl over there!"

Riku puts back his knife on his pocket and released Hiyori while the girl stared at him. "Sorry, my god is a little bit crazy."

"Then why did you-"

"Well, you won't listen to me anyways and you threatened me on revealing my past first." You shrugged. "It's still early for that. You're spoiling other people."

"Huh?" He raised an eyebrow at your last statement. "Then what are you doing here?"

"Didn't I already told you? I only wanted to meet an old friend." You said with a charming smile.

"Old friend, my ass. Wait! You have friends?!" Yato pretended to be surprised to mock you.

You glared at him. "Huh?! Are you mocking me, you sweaty jerk in a stinky tracksuit! As if you also have friends!" You talked back which seemed to be very effective and striked him right into the kokoro (heart). [sorry, author is a weeb XD]

"Gah! What do you mean sweaty?! That's not true! And I have friends, you little sh*thead!" He argued with you which lasted several minutes.

You both panted after your small argument. "Hey, Riku, let's go- Ah! Where did he go?!" You turned to where your shinki was earlier but was now nowhere to be found. "Oh that bastard!"

"Haha! Were you left by your own shinki?" He teased you again.

"Shut up!"

5 minutes ago...

"When are they going to stop?" Riku yawned as he waited for you and Yato to finish. It doesn't seem like the two of you will stop soon so he decided to left and ditch you. "Ughh. She can handle herself alone."

Back to the current time...

You were walking on your way back to one of Tenjin's shrine where you and Riku planned to stay. "Damn that stupid game addict bastard. How dare he leave his master alone?!" You muttered to yourself before you bumped into someone.

A man with black frame glasses, dark blue eyes, pale white skin, and black hair looked at you as your shoulder hits his. He studies at the same school as Hiyori.

You ignored him, thinking that he didn't even noticed you and continued on walking towards your destination.

But unknown to you, he saw you and just didn't thought to much of your presence. He also knew that you were one of the people from the Far shore. "They're around again."