Sport Fest

Zhi Ruo's POV

I walk downstairs to eat breakfast. My parents are already eating.

"Morning." I greeted them while adjusting my skirt.

Ma scanned me from head to toe. "What are you wearing? Aren't you supposed to have a sport fest today?"

I'm only wearing a school uniform BUT they knew about the event for today?

"Event what?" I lied.

"Don't lie in front of me. I talked to Dylan yesterday." Ma replied.

"Aren't you interested at joining track and field, honey?" Pa suddenly asked me.

"Nope. I'm just going to watch today." I replied.

I'm never gonna participate to any sports, I told myself that. I've had enough. I just wanted to focus on my study.

"My goodness. This is such a waste of money." Mum pulled out a paper bag.

Pa handed it near my table.

"These are sport clothes? Why do you guys have to buy it for me?"

They both chuckled.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. My parents are a bit weird today.

"Why are you guys chuckling?" I looked at Ma, "You didn't buy this didn't you?"

She nods. "I was about to water the plants outside then I saw that outside our door."

Ma gave it to me. "There's no note left?"

She shook her head.

"I think it's from Dylan. He's really kind, isn't he?" Pa mouthed.

I rolled my eyes. He's just arrogant, nothing else.

"Nope. I have to return this to him before I go to school. Is he still in his house?" I asked Ma.

"Hey, Ruo that's a matter of privacy. You can just keep it if you don't want it. It would be rude to give it back to him." She responded.

I can't have this. Whatever they say I'm still going to return it.

_______

"Zhi Ruo!" I saw Ai Ren at the school gate, waving with enthusiasm.

I waved back then approached her.

"Hello, Ai Ren." I replied with less enthusiasm.

I'm still not used to making friends after everything that I've been through.

"You look tired?" She asks. I shook my head, "I didn't have time to eat breakfast."

"Really? My bad. Do you want to stop by at the corner store?"

"Nope. I'm good."

Ai Ren grabbed my hand. "It's okay. You gotta have energy, we're going to use all of our energy for today though."

"For what?"

I really don't have any idea.

We stopped on our tracks. "We're watching Dylan's match today. You forgotten about it?"

"Oh right." I said face palming.

"Don't you dare to say that you're going to watch other tournament?" She said as if she read my mind.

I said yes to Coen.

"Yeah..a swimming competition."

She sighed, "It's okay. I think swimming match is scheduled an hour earlier then basketball match, you can still watch with me."