Fair

(MONDAY)

Zhi Ruo's POV

I just woke up and got downstairs to eat breakfast then go to school.

"I heard Yuyan is leaving to Hawaii. Why don't you spend a day with her before she leaves." Ma said.

She actually left, I saw her post on SNS. She's happy about it.

I placed down my chopsticks. "She's not the same anymore."

"What? Honey, don't say that." Pa commented.

"She's ugh—never mind. I'm gonna go to school." I got up and shut the main entrance.

______

"Class dismissed. Student Zhi Ruo, meet me in my office." Mr Lu said grabbing his book from the table.

"Hey." I felt someone poking my arm beside.

"Ruo, I hate to do this but Mr. Lu just said that you should meet him at his office." Dylan whispers.

"Hm." I said in response.

I didn't even bother myself to look at him.

With Yuyan not being here with me—everything seems to be boring.

I'm not loud anymore. I'm not the typical student who is always willing to kick everyone's butt.

No fun.

But I know to myself I can move on from this. Friendship doesn't last longer than I thought so —

"Hey, Ruo!" I saw a figure approaching me.

I can't see really well. It's a bit blurry for me to recognize a certain person.

"Oh hi." I waved, "Coen."

"It's been a while since I saw you. When was it? Hmm, probably weeks ago."

"Yeah, where were you? I legit thought you're gonna attend Yuyan's party?"

Coen placed his hand on his hips. "About that, I feel sorry for not being able to attend. I was busy since last week because of the training."

"What training?"

"If you don't mind of course." I added.

"It's alright. Uhm, I'm part of a swimming team and we're participating this coming sport fest."

My jaw slightly opened. That's why I seldom see him.

"Woah, that's cool."

He chuckles, "Really? Are you interested with guys who swims?"

I laughed. "Kind of, but yeah."

"Well then I have to train more to impress you."

I blushed. Try to hold it in Ruo. Even though he's becoming more and more charming.

Maybe because I often see him?

"Jiayou then."

"Yep. Oh by the way, Where's Yuyan?"

I bit my lips, my expression becomes sad all of a sudden.

"She left for Hawaii."

"What? That must've been sad for you. But hey, if you're alone you can always hang at the swimmers gym."

"Can I?"

"Yup. After school. See you!" He winked. I blushed again before we part ways.

__________

Dylan Wang's POV

I paused as soon as I saw Ruo talking to another guy.

I took a step backwards then I peek at them.

Just look at her, what the heck did that ugly woman do to make him talk to her?

"What are you doing?"

I jumped at the voice from behind. It was none other than the nerdy kid in my class who's been wanting to be friends with me.

"It's none of your business. So shut up. Don't talk to me."

"I'm Hui Yin." The kid snorts and placed his hands on his pockets.

I don't care.

"Tell me, are you interested with our class muse?" He asked.

I furrowed my brows. "Class muse who?"

He pointed out using his mouth. "Her, Zhi Ruo."

I shook my head. Stupid—I was just curious.

"No, I'm just checking if there's a dirt in this wall."

What a dumb lie.

"Nah, I may be weird but I know what you're up to. You're also known for being a bad boy after all."

"If you're trying to hit on her. Maybe you should win her heart before that guy." Hui Yin paused, "That guy is known for being good for nothing but to play with girls heart."

Hold up. Am I hearing that right? Well—that's good then, Ruo deserves a double heart break?

"How'd you know about all this?" I asked.

"I may be a student who always gets ignored but I have plenty of tea to spill. It's just that I don't have anyone."

"Well you're a good use. It seems like you know a lot about the students around here."

"Maybe." Hui Yin chuckles.

"Dylan! The boys back in the court is searching for you, they said your name wasn't on the official list of the students who will play basketball this week."

Oh shoot—

I almost forgot about the game.

_____

"Laoshi, I'm here. Don't close the registration." I said after composing myself from running.

The students; mainly girls started squealing as soon as they saw me.

I could only smirk.

"Oh, Dylan. Glad you made it, those guys have been waiting for you here." He pointed.

"I hope it's a fair play." The teacher said.

"It is." I mouthed while finishing off the registration form with my signature.

"Good luck, bring home the bacon for your batch mates."

It's actually for Ruo—for making her nose bleed.

Or not.

I just feel like it.

To compete.

I left and headed home afterwards. I have to train myself and practice more so that I could beat those jerks.

Bro, free tonight? Let's play
Basketball
-Me
Send to; Kuan, Connor
& Caesar