Chapter 10 - Evolution

"What do you think the other pages are about?" Alice asked

"They have to be about dragons otherwise the book is useless right?" Harry stated

"But all the dragons are gone so the rest can't be about dragons." Sully said leaning back against the tree trunk.

"They have to be about the evolution of them then." Tristan said starting to decipher the book.

"Tristan come on the dragons are gone now. Let it go." Sally said arguing.

"No! I saw what I saw and I'm going to prove it." Tristan answered strongly and started deciphering.

The Water Horse

My names Angus. I was born in 1901. Some Auntie of mine handed me the book of dragons last year because I discovered something amazing. I discovered the water horse! Most people refer to it now as the Loch Ness Monster but I don't see this amazing animal as a beast of any kind. I live in Scotland. I was forced to try and enter the army when I was thirteen but I didn't want to knowing my dad died in it. To pass the time and get my mind off things I used to go down to the cliffs and collect shells. One day I found a rock that was perfectly shaped so I took it home. Eventually it turned out to be an egg and it hatched. This weird creature smooth as silk emerged from it. I didn't tell anyone about him but I decided to keep him as a pet. He was small, cute and could swim really well. After feeding him I noticed he grew. But when I say grew I more like mean shoot up to the size of ten horses. This creature was huge. It had a long neck and tail like a whale. It had four flippers for feet and super sharp teeth. After reading the book of dragons I realise that this is a dragon in a way. It didn't have wings but it was definitely related. If it was possible I would say it evolved from other animals. It looked an awful lot like a Scauldron as it says in the book but without wings. I ended up having to let my pet Cruso go. He belonged in the sea. I learned from a friend of mine that there can only be one water horse in the world at a time. Before the one nearly dies it lays a single egg. Because I found this egg I was able to befriend the creature. It took me as a mother in a way. I didn't want to let him go but I knew it would be the best. Our adventures together were great, swimming beneath the loch and seeing all others could never see. After I let him go I never saw him again but I knew he was ok. After studying this book I realised that this is definately related to a Scauldron. Or at least it is becoming a Scauldron. It must have evolved from a sea creature and become what it is now. I eventually believe it to grow wings and spray scalding hot water. All this lead me to the conclusion that the the animals must be evolving into dragons. Back to the way they were in Hiccup Horrendous Haddock lll's story. I heard about the other dragons people claim to have seen. This means it all must be true. The dragons must be coming back!

"TOLD YOU!" Tristan yelled as he finished deciphering.

"What, so your saying dragons do exist?" James asked.

"YES!" He answered excited.

"We have to find them!" Alice stated.

"I knew what I saw wasn't a dream!" Tristan continued.

"And how are you expecting to find them exactly?" Sally asked.

"Duh, with bait dummy." Sully answered.

"Your such a nit wit!" She started to argue with her brother.

"I guess we will just have to wait until we come across one. I mean I saw one once right? I'm bound to find one again." Tristan said handing Alice the book.

"True, I guess waiting is the best option. Hey let's make a bet!" First one to find a dragon...." Alice was cut off by James.

"Has to go out with me, knowing you will find one first Alice." He said flexing his muscles.

"I think I'm gonna puke!" She said holding her mouth with her hand.

"Oh come on babe, who wouldn't want all this!" He said gesturing back to his muscles.

"Yep, I gonna loose my lunch."

"How about first one to find a dragon, if they are still alive, has to have the rest of us serve them for a week. Deal?" Sully asked.

"DEAL!" They responded. Sully and Sally gave each other a high five.