Chapter Nineteen - Blueberries and Straight Curly Fries

Start from the beginning

"Great! Do you wanna come over to my flat? Ariana's there, we can stop at the farmers market" I say, jumping at the last part. His eyes widen, and a huge smile appears on his face. 

"OMG, the farmers market! I missed those blueberries so damn much!" He yells, as he hops into the passenger seat of my car. 

I start up the car, ready to head over to the market, when I think of something. "Wait, what about your car?" I ask. 

He just laughs and waves his hand, motioning for me to continue. "I walked, When I came back from France I moved to a different flat, it's just up the road from here" He explains as I head down a deserted road, leading to a small farm. 

There were lots of animals, always just roaming about. And gardens everywhere, with random plats climbing onto fences and the walls of the barn and small sheds. We headed over to a stand near the barn, with smiles on out faces. 

Freshly Picked Blueberries! 

$1 A Tin

The blueberries were sold in little tins, about the size of a strawberry container. It was the best thing in the world, the little berries were like candy, and so addicting. Me, Chase, Jack, and Ariana would spend our Friday nights lounging on couches, watching movies, and eating bowls of it. Most people would think it was weird, but if you tasted the berries, you would understand. It was like heaven in your mouth. 

And just like the old Friday nights, we all sat in mine and Ariana's den, well, without Jack, and watched movies, eating bowls of blueberries. 

Niall's POV

"It's to bad the you couldn't make it to dinner with Tanner" Harry says, a bit of eagerness in his voice. 

"Yah, but she understands, we're just going to go another day instead. No big deal" I say with a shrug. I guess you could say, me and Tanner had a different kind of relationship, but that was mostly because I was in one of the worlds biggest bands. 

"Yah, but I get 10 pounds now, so WAHOO!" He says, even more excited this time. 

"Ten pounds? What are you talking about?" I ask, and then it hits me. A bet. "Did you make a bet?" I ask, still not sure what he was talking about, completely. Harry nods, continuing to play thumb wars with Zayn, who was next to him. "Wha- . . . Never mind. I don't want to know" I finish, shaking my head and sighing. 

"It's your stop" Liam says, turning around and giving me a wave. "See you tommorrow!" He shouts, as I climb out of the car, and walk up to Tanner's door, holding two bags, one full of Ben&Jerry's containers, and the other full of movies in one hand, and a giant box of pizza in the other. 

Tanner opens the door, and grabs the pizza box, and pulls me in for a hug. "You're here!" She chirps. "We're in the den, I'll go get some plates" she adds, running towards the kitchen, leaving me in the hallway. 

I enter the den, expecting that if anyone would be in their, it be Ariana, but there was someone else their, another guy. 

"Niall, you're here!" Ariana chirps. "And you brought ice cream? Don't mind if I do . . ." she says happily, taking one of the containers from the bag. "Oh, and this is Chase" she adds, waving towards the guy sitting on the couch next to her. 

Chase. That was Chase? Oh man . . . How could I compete with that? I stared at him, giving him a small wave and nod, then sat down on the other couch. While waiting for Tanner to get back from the kitchen, I studied Chase. 

Tall, broad shoulders, tan skin, muscular arms, flat stomach, most likely has abs, stubbly chin, sandy tousled hair . . . He was probably a jock that always get's the girls. Yah, well you're a famous singer! A voice inside my head said. But he's known Tanner longer! He has more of a chance, right? I whined back. You're her boyfriend! You had the chance, you took it, and he has none. Okay? I was about to protest, when I noticed, I was talking to myself inside my head . . . Wow.