Chapter Nine - The Run In

Tanner's POV 

Dear Tanner, 

One Direction showed up? Really? That's interesting... Don't feel bad, I'm sure they understood, they don't seem to be stuck up. Maybe they were relieved that you didn't recognize them? I mean, it was probably nice to see a girl that didn't start screaming and crying or faint or something, You know?

They must've had a reason to be there, they could've been visiting someone, or maybe they were lost? And maybe you've met them before without knowing it and that's why Niall knew your name... I'm sure there's a reason.

Take your time, there's no rush. :)

I feel bad. Bad that I barely tell you about me. I'm going to try to be better with this whole... situation. I'm 18, my passion is singing, I'm originally from Ireland but I moved to London a while ago, and I really like food. I wish I could tell you more Tanner, I really wish I could, but I can't, not yet anyways. I'm sorry I can't tell you my name, but soon... okay?

I promise you'll figure everything out soon enough, everything. I promise. xx

Love, 

Mystery boy. 

I stepped into the coffee shop, letting the AC cool me down after my run. "Hi, can I have a Iced Chai Latte with Vanilla?" I asked the woman, who nodded her head and went to make my order. I stood at the counter, waiting, and tapping my fingers against the wooden surface. "Thanks!" I chirped when she handed me my latte. 

I turned the around the corner outside the coffee shop, deciding to head back home, when the cool liquid splashed all over me and my back landed hard against the ground. "Shit" I muttered under my breath. 

I deep voice chuckled from above me. I looked up to see two guys, one with dark hair standing up in a quiff and long eye lashes laughing, and another with brown hair and eyes holding his hand out for me with a worried expression on his face. 

The one with the lighter hair started to speak, "Omg! I'm really sorry, I should've been watching where I was going, do you want me to buy you another drink? Why don't you come back to our flat and you can clean up? I'm really really sorry about th-" The other guy suddenly interrupted him, 

"Wait. Tanner?" I stared at them, how does everybody know me? Wait where they? Oh man...

I nodded my head slowly. "You were in the graveyard." I spoke, "You're... Liam and Zayn.. Right?" They nodded. "Look, I was wondering.. How do you know me?" They gave each other looks, trying to figure out what to say. 

Finally Liam spoke up, "I think Niall should explain that to you.." I nodded "You can come home with us, he should be at Louis and Harry's flat right now." 

I slowly nodded my head, "Yah, I guess that work."

I sat on a maroon couch facing Niall who kept fidgeting and avoiding eye contact. "So are you gonna tell me? Or.. should I just go..?" I questioned

"No!" he shouted, "I mean, uhm, no." He groaned "Ugh! Fine, I'll tell you." Why was he so nervous?"

"You uhm...you kno-" he started to say until somebody came into the room interrupting him. I turned my head to see who it was.

"Mia?" I asked.

"Tanner?! No way! It's been so long!This is so weird, how do you know the boys?"

I chuckled, "I don't really know them, but they know me. Or, at least Niall does, so he's gonna explain to me.." I said, giving him a look. "Wait, how do you know them?" 

"Niall's my cousin!" She chirped while patting his head.I laughed, what a small world. 

"How do you guys know each other?" Niall asked, very confused.

"We were on the same track team in high school." Tanner stated

"Go Flamingos!" Mia hollered, making them all laugh. (A/N: Yah, honestly.. don't ask. I just wrote the first animal that came to mind, and it happened to be a flamingo. Probably because they're in the book I'm reading. It also says One Direction in that book, haha.)

"So Niall, care to pick up where we left off?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Oh yah, uhm..." he stated, looking around the room nervously. "I had seen you in pictures, in uhm, Mia's room, and she told me your name, and uhm, she talks about you sometimes." he stuttered, giving Mia a look, although I couldn't figure out what it meant.

"Oh.. alright...that's all?" Why was he so nervous about telling me if it was just that?

"Yah." He said, but it came out almost as a question.

Something wasn't right.

Authors Note: Sorry it took so long to upload! I'm still trying to decide what is exactly going to happen. Thanks for all the feedback! Vote, comment, fan, whatever! Thanks for reading! :)

Hannah xx