Chapter Four - Excuse me, are you a princess?

Tanner's POV

Dear Tanner, 

I'm glad that you've decided to write me back. When you said you wanted to talk somebody, I completely understand. I have four friends who I am constantly with, yet sometimes I feel I have no one to talk to. Sometimes I just get lonely, but that would just sound crazy if you knew what my life was actually like. I love the way you write, so full of thought. It just seems like your heart leaks onto the paper and forms into words. Your brother Logan, he seemed like a really amazing kid. I don't know exactly what to say to you, as I don't know much about you. Do you think you could introduce yourself a little? Just basic stuff. If you want I can make some questions for you? Tanner, I think you're a very inspirational person. I may not know you that much, but it's not hard to tell when someone is. I may not know your whole life story, but just that little part you wrote in your first letter and how you sounded, made me realize, that you've gone through tough times, and you're still going. That's inspirational. I'm sorry this is a short letter, but I'm a bit busy and have to go. Please write back. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I'm a guy. 

Not Tanner xx

P.S. I think it's best if you don't know my name. 

attached to the letter was a page of questions.

What is your favorite color?

Animal?

Food?

Type of Music?

Song?

Artist?

Place to be?

Hobbies?

Where do you want to visit?

Eye color?

What do you want to be?

He had written back, it may sound crazy, but I enjoyed writing him. Even though there's only been a total of four letters, I felt like he understood me. I liked him because he didn't seem like he was one to judge. 

Ariana walked into the room whistling, and carrying a ton of shopping bags. She looked towards me stopped everything she was doing and stared.

"Uhm... can I help you...?" I mumbled, the staring was a bit uncomfortable.

"You're smiling..." She said with a goofy grin on her face. I gave her a look and motioned her to go on because I didn't get what she was trying to say. "And you're holding a letter..." Her grin got even wider, if that was even possible. 

Uh-oh. The letter.

She dropped all her bags and ran towards me, I jumped off the couch and ran, I didn't plan on telling her about these letters quite yet. 

A few hair pulls and a ton of screams later, she ended up with the letter. I swear, the longer she read it, the more she smiled. She looked up from the letter and enveloped me in a giant hug.

"Oh my gosh!" She squealed "This is so exciting, you finally met a guy!"

"I haven't exactly met him..." I pointed out.

"Well who cares? You're talking to him, aren't you?" I nodded my head, she did have a point. 

Suddenly she was silent, and then I knew something was wrong. She looked towards me and I raised my eyebrows. What could possibly be bugging her? "But... Why doesn't he want you to know his name?" I sighed, I really didn't know. 

Shrugging my shoulders, I grabbed the letter and walked into my room, closing the door behind me. While I started writing a letter back to this mysterious boy, I couldn't help but think about one thing.

Why didn't he want me to know his name?

Niall's POV

Dear Mystery Boy, 

I'm glad you know how I feel, it's nice to know I'm not the only one out there. As for the questions, of course I'll answer them. To be honest, I like answering questions. It's just easier then having to intrude yourself, you can tell the person what they want to know, and it's just simple. My favorite color is definitely red, no doubt about it. My favorite animal would have to be a Gazelle or Manatee. Spaghetti. Spaghetti is definitely my all time favorite food, I could go for months eating just spaghetti. As for music, I listen to mostly Pop & Rock. I'm a huge fan of Ed Sheeran, his music just amazes me. I also really like Maroon 5. I don't know if you've heard of them, they're an American band, but you should try listening to some of their music, its really good. There's this band One Direction, have you heard of them? I'm vaguely aware of them, but I've heard some of their songs and they're impressive. Moments it the first one I ever heard, and it's my favorite by them, it's just so... meaningful. My favorite song... There's so many good ones. But I do really like Skinny Love. All the versions, Bon Iver's, Birdy's, Ed Sheeran's.. they're all good. I also have been listening to Hurt by Christina Aguilera, it's another good song. Lets see... My favorite place to be... Well, I'd have to say the aquarium. It amazes me, all the life there. I know what is my absolute not favorite place to be, hospitals. You probably understand that. My Hobbies? Writing, Reading, and Running. They're things I enjoy and clear my head. Nothing more, nothing less. My eyes, they're... unique. They're each a different color. It's a bit embarrassing sometime, but I actually really like it. One is a bright emerald green, and the other is sky blue, with a tint of purple. Logan used to say it resembled the world. It was like the land and water, or the grass and the sky. I like to think it does resemble that. What do I want to be? That's simple, a writer. 

I don't have many questions, just one. But I don't know if you'll be able to answer it. 

Why can't I know your name?

Tanner xx

Her letter... The question... I don't think you know how much I wanted to tell her who I was, but I wanted to wait. It just seemed like a good idea.

I loved how she answered her questions, getting straight to the point and being specific. I'm positive she'd make a great writer. 

I walked into the den where Zayn was and sat down next to him where he was playing video games with Liam. "Hey Niall" he said, still obviously concentrating on the game.

"Zayn, I wanted to ask you a question, it kinda has to do with Tanner." he immediately;y dropped the remote and turned to me, Liam turned off the game and sat on my other side, motioning me to go on because he wanted to hear too.

"Well, She said she wanted to be a writer, and well... she told me she likes answering questions. I thought because you like English a lot, you could help me come up with some questions to ask her about her writing?" I asked, not really sure if it was a good idea or not.

"Yes!" He yelled, "this is gonna be amazing, she'll love you for this and she'll want to meet you, and then you'll finally meet your princess!" I gave him a look.

"Lets not get ahead of ourselves.." I muttered. But inside I was thinking, just by those letters. I think she could be my princess. Maybe I will tell her my name, maybe I will tell her who I am. After all, there's a chance I found my princess. 

Authors Note: I'm continuing this story now! YAY(: It's not the best chapter... But it's the first one I wrote in a while for this story so give me some slack. :) Thanks to whoever reads this and I hope you like it! Also, thanks to everyone who asked me to continue this, that made me feel really happy. :) Comment, Vote, Fan, whatever! Thanks again & Enjoy!

Hannah xx