Chapter 27: Misunderstandings and A Whole Lot of Spirit

Start from the beginning

Apparently, the headline "celebrity" news like I had was bigger in the States than it was in the UK.

But life went on.

Whenever I checked my email, stupid pop-ups came and mentioned the Marquess of Sterling and his life in London. It was said he had an official girlfriend, and some said he was already engaged and had a mistress. Which was completely stupid because we'd only separated for eight days and Emerson confirmed that Michael was still a bleeding idiot, but he wasn't engaged.

She didn't deny the others though. Everyone back in England still couldn't get through Michael.

I always exited those annoying pop-ups with shaky hands and a pained heart. From time-to-time, Anthony and the others called me, asking how I was fairing back home. I already missed them, but I couldn't go back. Not really.

In my dreams, I always saw Michael. In my classes, I always thought about him. Whenever I served food at school, I always remembered the time when I poured juice on his head and when we got locked in the storage room.

And after two days, I saw him again.

His bruised and reddened cheek was diminished and he wore his broadcloth shirt untucked, his school tie askew, holding his uniform blazer over one shoulder with that natural rakish air of his.

Everyone greeted him a warm welcome, but they couldn't help talking about him behind his back about how incredibly gorgeous he looked now, and about me and him being in the same school again.

My friends in the UK forgot to mention he was coming back, but when they finally told me, Michael still hadn't spoken to them.

I didn't know what to do, but it seemed easy enough not to embarrass myself because Michael completely ignored me.

Though...maybe it will be like old times. Enemies with a bit of tease.

Maybe he came here for me?

When Michael saw me staring at him as he entered the main school area on the third day, he looked away with a cold glance and walked on, passing me by without a word.

I exhaled heavily and continued on with my classes. Only one more week and school was done. I'd have my eighteenth birthday and prepare for college in the fall, and I'd be able to busy myself with requirements and new things needed to even notice Michael at school.

He, on the other hand, was having a good time here. He was fooling around with the guys and outrageously flirting with the harem of air-headed girls who kept showing their cleavage and legs to him. He even joined the soccer (or football) team, adding more charm to his already mounting sex appeal.

"And all the while, he ignores me," I muttered to myself, bitterly.

We had the same classes together, but he didn't acknowledge or speak to me. I bumped into him in the hallway twice, but he only scowled and turned away from me. I admit, it hurt a lot.

But our split did him some good. He concentrated more on his studies. He was actually a natural when it came to his classes, and he earned awards in soccer and some more from the AP honors classes he took.

Whereas I was struggling to get my grades up after missing school for a long while.

Great. Just great.

^^^^^

"Baaak! Keller here! Keller stupid!"

Damn that stupid bird.

"Shut up!" I hissed at him inside his cage.

He looked at me with glassy, beady eyes. "Baaak! Keller stupid! Keller ugly!"