Chapter 27: Misunderstandings and A Whole Lot of Spirit

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry! But I realized how wrong it all is. I couldn't do it in the end!"

"Well you're wrong!" he yelled, not seeming to hear me. "You think I don't care about you so much? You heard me say the words! Isn't that enough? Oh, that's right, no, it's not. So you just had to make everything more realistic by being nearly taken advantage against your bloody will!"

"I'm sorry..." I whispered. It was the only words I could say now. The tears kept coming and I couldn't hold them back anymore.

"I love you, Keller," Michael said quietly, looking at me differently now. "But I don't think this is going to work out."

I was shaking all over. "What do you mean?"

He took a step back and began retreating, all the while saying, "I can't bear seeing you right now. I can't be with you. Now you know how I felt."

^^^^^

That evening, when Michael left me alone with Anthony in the forest, I cried. I took Anthony to his guest bedroom to recover by calling a physician, as well as calling help to tend to my cuts and sprain, and to get my hair and makeup fixed.

I was also ordered to change into a resplendent green confection from Marchesa, as soon as the crew saw my horrifying appearance.

When I was ready again, and the doctor confirmed I only had a minor sprain that wasn't terrible at all (I could still walk), I went back to the ballroom.

Michael ignored me throughout the whole night.

Two days of being ignored, Michael went to London.

The news was that he was seen with several gorgeous women in clubs and that he was having the time of his life after breaking the engagement from me.

^^^^^

"Are you going to be all right?" Viv and Emerson asked in chorus, giving me sad frowns and tears in their eyes.

The girls, along with Frederick, Richard and Anthony, took me to Stansted Airport for my trip back to San Ricardo.

It was pretty sad because I tried everything I could to make Michael see that I was wrong.

I hated it when things backfired.

After having the "shocking" news all over Great Britain, and possibly America, about my split with Michael, he was enjoying his time being free and having fun all the time. I really believed he already forgot about me and was thinking of who to date next after the several other gorgeous girls he was seen with in London for the past week.

Emerson and everyone else back in Rossington Park tried to hide the magazines that were sent there, but I found Hello! which they missed. I leafed through the pages where everything was heartbreaking for me.

There was a picture of Michael drinking with his friends; there was a picture of him with a beautiful brunette sitting on his lap, and then a blondie whispering something in his ear in another shot, plus one of him seen with the same brunette outside the club, in each other's arms.

I found out the stunning brunette was an English supermodel.

This had been going on for a week, where he kept switching women like a pair of matchsticks. He felt the fire with each of them, then when the wicker was gone, he'd get another match and turn the fire back on until everything repeated over and over again.

He left Kent for London without saying good-bye to me. He didn't speak to Emerson or Viv, who tried to explain everything, and he most certainly didn't speak to Lady Cutting. Michael just left with a few of his things and went back to his London flat.