"Yeah I could go for a little something" I say, resting my arm on the counter.

"What would you like?"

"Whatever you're having" I answer and he looks at me surprised.

"I thought you didn't like Jack and Coke" he questions. It's true, the first time I took a sip from Georgia and I wanted to cry. For my first time it was a little much for me.

"I've acquired a taste for it, actually" I tell him as he prepares the drinks. "Holden had me try it on another occasion and I really liked it".

He raises his eyebrows. "Your little brother got you into this? Yeesh Amanda" and he shakes his head. "By the way, where is that kid? I thought he was coming tonight".

I shrug my shoulders. "I have no idea. At this point I stopped trying to keep tabs on this kid. He just goes off to wherever the hell he wants. My parents are hoping he'll grow out of this phase soon" I confide, and I'm not even sure why I'm telling him this. I don't usually spill the beans until I've had my drink.

"He's a great kid" he comments and hands me the drink. I take a sip, letting the alcohol burn my throat.

"I know, but if he doesn't get his act together I don't know what he's going to do. My parents can only get him so far". Oh God I'm going into full panic mode right here right now. I have to change the subject quick.

As if sending my distress Marcus says, "Why don't we find everyone else? I think they all went to the basement". I nod and follow him, thankful for the distraction.

The basement is nicer than I remember from last time. The bar is longer, the carpet is new and there's an extension.

"When did CJ's house get redone?" I ask. I haven't been to his house since last year and I've noticed little changes here and there.

"A little less than six months ago. Apparently his mom thought the house was out of date and needed to be remodeled" he explains and I nod listening. I've only met Mrs. Morris twice ever, but she seems like a really nice lady. But if you ever ask CJ that question you would think she's the Wicked Witch of the West.

"There they are" Marcus points to a patch of people sitting on an array of bean bags and couches on the back wall and corners.

"Amanda you made it!" Lauren exclaims. I smile at her and at her boyfriend, Jordan, who is currently feeling her up in front of everyone.

"I did" I reply, sitting down in an oversized, grey beanbag chair, and following in suit is Marcus on my right.

"Aww, look at the lovebirds" a very apparent tipsy Jayda says pouting to Marcus and me. "You know we all knew it was just a matter of time before you two hit it off".

"So I've heard" I reply calmly, trying to settle my nerves with my drink, but suddenly I'm not too thirsty anymore.

"Marcus I don't know how you waited for so long" she continues until Isaiah shushes her, taking her somewhere else to dump her thoughts out.

"Well that was a little awkward" Georgia comments.

"Yeah but that will be so funny to show her tomorrow" Sofia says with her phone in hand.

"Does anyone know where CJ is? This is his house and I haven't even seen him yet". I already had a guess, but it was still pretty early in the party.

"With Brooke somewhere. I don't know, but I came with her and I haven't seen her either since we met CJ at the door" Brynn says, taking a hit from the blunt between her fingers and blowing out the smoke from her lips and I want to gag. It doesn't smell as bad a cigarettes, but I still don't appreciate the scent.