"Athena is Against Everything."

The amount of stuff Aphrodite poured onto me was kind of sickening. I was afraid that she'd end up putting a mask on with the amount of chemical stuff she made me into. I might as well have been a doll.

Aphrodite was pleased with her handiwork when she finished. She leaned back and beamed at me. "You're ready to walk down the aisle," she sang as she pranced away like everything was good in the world.

Let me tell you, it wasn't.

~~~~~

Hades's POV

I fiddled with my tie, finding it constraining. I was about to pull it off when Hestia scolded me: "Don't be a child. You are a god and have seen thousands of years. You should like wearing a tie."

"Ahem," I said pointedly, "I am a god, as you pointed out. So I should not be bound my mortal expectations."

"What about Nicki's?" Hestia asked quietly, stoking the fire in the hearth.

I took a deep breath and let it out. "I'm doing this for her. I know I am."

"Duly noted," Hestia said, turning back to the flames. "But don't let your heart lead you astray again. Don't let Aphrodite tell you otherwise."

I laughed, a fragile attempt at lightening the mood. "You sound like Athena."

"Because she told me that so I could tell you."

"Oh," I sighed. "Of course. Athena is so against all kinds of romance, isn't she?"

"You are mistaken," Hestia told me.

I frowned. "How?"

"Athena is against everything," she said with a small smile. It turns out that Hestia is better than me at lightening the mood.

~~~~

A/N

I have a feeling I was supposed to write the wedding scene....Unfortunately, that hasn't worked out for me, haha. I still haven't got a clear idea on what it shall look like.

Until next time. Go and come back safely.