No fun

Today you are at the guild just hanging out watching everyone. Natsu has been in a bad mood since this morning. You don't know why. He just woke up grumpy and mean. He hasn't talked to you and has barely looked at you. You still love him and you know he loves you. You just wish he would talk to you and tell you what's wrong.

So here you are sitting in the guild just watching everyone. You see Natsu sitting at a table all alone with a plate of food in front of him. You notice a big piece of meat with a bone sticking out of it and get a idea. I'll steal the meat and make him chase me for it. It should be fun. You sneak up to the table and quickly snatch the meat and run like the wind.

"What the hell Ember?! Give it back!" Natsu yells angrily.

"If you want it back you have to catch me!" You sing an run out of the guild. Natsu is hot in your heals.

You run and run and dodge and it just makes him angrier.

"Give it back!" He roars.

"Not until you catch me!" You laugh and take a turn you wish you hadn't. It's a dead end and your trapped. Natsu closes in fast and is now stomping twords you.

"Give. It. Back." He warns.

You decide to still try and play so you pull the bone out of the meat and stick it in his mouth like a dog holding his bone.

"There you go!" You giggle. He growls and bites down hard on the bone and shatters it.

You gulp then sigh.

"Fine. Here." You hand him the meat and he angrily snatched it from you and turns and walks away.

You watch him leave without a word or even a wave and you feel tears sting your eyes.

"What's with him?" You ask out loud and touch the mark on your chest.

You need time alone so you turn into a bird and fly away into the sky. You fly and fly until you get tired. You decide to land in a big tree on a thick branch and rest. You turn back into your normal self and lean against the tree. You sit back and look up at the sky through the leaves and small branches. You sigh and close your eyes.

You ended up falling asleep and you wake up in the middle of the night. Your surprised Natsu hasn't come after you but then again after today your not to surprised. You decide to turn into a owl so you can see in the dark and fly away again. You come across a small town and find a inn to rest in. You check in and go to your room. You decide on dinner before bed and find a small restaurant that's still open. You just order a small sub sandwich and go back to your room and go to bed.

Natsu's POV
Man I don't know why I'm so pissed off today! Even Gray has backed off of me and he always wants to fight. Then Ember pissed me off by taking my food. She looked like she wanted to play and was trying to make me happy but all it did was increase my anger. I haven't seen her since I walked away after taking my meat back that she stole.

Should I check on her? Nah I'm sure she's fine. She's probably with Erza talking about me and my bad attitude. Well maybe a good night sleep will clear up my temper and calm me down. I just wish I knew why I was so angry.

The next day
Man I feel so much better! What the hell was wrong with me yesterday? Maybe I just needed some distance from Ember? But why?

I'll head to the guild and talk to gramps, maybe he knows.

"Hey gramps. I need to talk to you." I say as I walk into his office.

"Oh Natsu! What is it? Where's Ember?" He replies looking concerned and confused.

"Well I don't know honestly. Yesterday I was in a really bad mood and she stole my food and I chased her and took it back and haven't seen her since." I reply and sheepishly rub the back of my neck

I hear gramps sigh "I'm guessing you don't know why you were in a bad mood?" He asks and I shake my head no. "Sounds like you guys just experienced dragons anger. See even dragon slayers get frustrated even with their mate. There is such a thing as being TOO close you know. You guys do need separation sometimes though it's not to common for this to happen. Just once in a while separate for a day and do things separate from each other. It will strengthen your trust and bond with her. Now I suggest you go find her. Run along now."

"Thanks gramps." I smile and leave. "Now to find Ember." I say out loud. I exit the guild and touch the mark in my chest. I can feel her pain and sadness and it breaks my heart. I can't believe I made her hurt like that. I can sense where she is, she's far away but not really far. I run in the direction she's in as fast as I can. I'd get happy to fly me there but I'd really rather talk to her alone.

I'm coming Ember. Hold on.

Your POV
I wake up in my room at the inn and feel a deep sadness. This is the first time I've woken up without Natsu by my side. I long to touch him, stroke his hair, heck even hear him snoring. I can't believe he was so mean to me yesterday. I only want to make him happy and bring him joy. But I guess I can't even do that anymore.

I sigh and get out of bed. I go to the bathroom and take a shower. I let the water hit my head and run down my body. The water did feel good but it didn't clear my thoughts. I touch the mark on my chest and feel Natsu's frustration. I can tell he's upset about yesterday.

"Well. I guess I should get dressed and check out and meet Natsu." I mumble out loud and get dressed. I didn't bring anything with me last night so I just exit the room and go to the front desk and turn in my key. I smile and leave and walk around outside.

I just roam around until I hear familiar footsteps behind me.

"Hey Natsu. Feeling better?" I ask without turning around.

"How'd you know it was me?" He asks

"Natsu. I know you. I know your smell and the sounds you make. The way you breathe and the way you walk. I know so much about you but I don't know why you were so mean yesterday. You scared me Natsu. I've never seen you look at me with such anger in your eyes. It upset me knowing I couldn't do anything to make you smile." I start crying silently and walk away from him. I hear him following me.

"Please Natsu just give me some space." I ask and turn into a bird and fly away knowing he can't follow me into the sky. I don't bother to look back because I can feel his pain and I know he can feel mine.

I find a waterfall a few miles away and land on the bank of the waterfall. I turn back to normal and sit there looking over the edge. I watch the sun set and sigh.

"This would be a amazing experience if Natsu was here." I sigh out loud and hear footsteps behind me.

"Speak of the devil and he appears." I sigh

"Ember. I'm sorry about yesterday. Please hear me out." He begs and I just sit there. I don't even look at him. He continues talking. "Gramps told me it has something to do with something called dragons anger. He said there is such a thing as being to close and we should try to separate once in a while so it doesn't happen again. He's better at explaining it. Just know I didn't mean to hurt you. Honest."

I can hear the pain in his voice and feel it. I can tell he was hurt by it to once he realized what happened.

"Alright Natsu. I forgive you. But it still hurt. Know that. It scared me. I never thought you'd ever look at me or treat me like that."

"I know baby. I'm sorry. I wasn't in my right mind." He says softly in my ear as he sits down behind me and wraps his arms around me.

I lean back against him and relax. I sigh softly and watch the sunset.

"We really need to read whatever master read to be more knowledgeable about this stuff. Maybe we can prevent some of it." I suggest.

"I agree. But for now. Let's just enjoy the moment." Natsu replies.

"Yeah." Is all I can say as we sit there and watch the sunset and listen to the waterfall beside us.

This moment was magical and I don't want it to end.