Shock

It had been about a week since the appointment, and everything had been going really well. The morning sickness stopped, which is probably the best thing that ahs ever happened to me. Well, not really but you get the idea.

"Babe I'm gonna run to the store real quick. You want anything?" Gerard asked as he grabbed the keys.

"Ooh can you get me some Frosted Flakes?" I responded.

"Anything for you, baby. Wait... I thought you hated Frosted Flakes?"

"Gerard, I'm pregnant. I'm gonna have some really weird cravings," I explained. He nodded and walked over to me.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Alright, I'll be back in about 15 minutes. Love you," He said as he pecked me on the cheek. I responded an "I love you too" and he walked out and got in the car, driving off towards the store.

I picked up the remote and started watching my all time favorite show, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. It was so stupid, but thats what made it funny. I was interrupeted by my cell phone ringing. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was Frank.

"Hey shortie," I said.

"Hows my pregnant sister doing?" He asked.

"Uh, Frank, I'm not your sister,"

"Not by blood, but by heart," He replied in a dramatic tone. I laughed.

"You're such a dork,"

Suddenly our phone call was interrupted by another call. It was Gerard.

"Hey Frank, Gerard's calling. I'll call you back in a sec," I told him.

"Okay. Bye" I hung up and answered Gerard. Suddenly I heard an unfamiliar voice over the phone.

"Hello, is this Nikki James?" Asked the unknown person.

"Uh, yes... Who is this?"

"This is Doctor Kran. Do you happen to know a Gerard Way?" The person apparently named Doctor Kran asked. I began to panic.

"Yes, I know a Gerard Way, what is going on?!" I almost yelled into the phone.

"Gerard is in the hospital. Please come as soon as possible, their's been a terrible accident,"

I couldn't speak. I barely choked out an 'Okay' before hanging up and dialing Frank.

"Frank, meet me at the hospital. Now."

............

Since Gerard had the car, I had to get Frank to drive me. As soon as we parked, I threw open the car door and sprinted into the hospital as fast as I could.

"I need to see Gerard Way!" I screamed at the lady behind the counter.

She gave me the room number and I ran full speed to his room. I burst into the room and almost threw up at what I saw. 

Gerard's face was bruised; I could barely tell who he was. His right arm and leg were both in casts, and he looked completely mutilated. I immeadiantly burst into tears, and Frank walked in and hugged me.

The doctor walked in and I walked right up to her.

"Gerard has a broken arm and leg, and his right rib is cracked. He's in a coma right now, but we aren't sure when he'll wake up. It was a massive accident, and he could have brain damage." The doctor explained.

Then what she said next made me freeze.

"It's a possibility he won't survive."