Appointment

UPDATE! YAY!

----------------------

We walked into the small doctor's office and up to the counter, greeted by an old woman seated behind the desk.

"Uh, hello, we have an appointment for Nikki James..." Gerard told her, stating my full name.

"Ah yes. You're just in time. Go through those doors and into the second room on the right,"

"Thank you," I told her.

We all walked to the specified room and I sat down on the little exam bed, and Gerard sat down in a chair beside me. Jamia sat on Frank's lap on the floor, and everyone else just spread out through the room. What a group we have.

After about five minutes, a young lady about in her twenties walked through the door.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Shults. And you must be Nikki and...?" She asked, looking at Gerard, probably wanting his name.

"Gerard," He told her, smiling a small smile. She looked at me and smiled.

"Alright sweety, now if you'll just lay back and I'll get you set up so we can figure this out."

I did as she told me, and she slathered the cold jelly-like substance all over my stomach. On the screen was a little shrimp-looking thing, but it was kind of small. Gerard turned to me and made that contagious smile. He sqeezed my hand and looked back at the screen.

"Alright, so it looks as if your only a few weeks in, but so far the baby is doing very well." The doctor said. I smiled, relieved that everything was going good so far. Everyone in the room cheered, and Frank stood up and started doing a little dance, making me giggle.

"I'm gonna be an Uncle!" He screeched. Gerard shook his head and chuckled, and we all laughed.

So far, so good.